View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2012, 04:28 PM
I use lots of it LOL but you can also use a can of coke!
Lulusmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-05-2012, 04:34 PM
I think its the acid in the ketchup that neutralises the smell so you could use cider vinegar or something like that. Personally I only ever have Heinz in the house so thats what Buffy gets smothered in. Does'nt look so bad as she is chocolat coloured.
Lulusmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-05-2012, 04:34 PM
I think its the acid in the ketchup that neutralises the smell so you could use cider vinegar or something like that. Personally I only ever have Heinz in the house so thats what Buffy gets smothered in. Doesn't look so bad as she is chocolate coloured.
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-05-2012, 05:11 PM
I haven't heard of using cider vinegar for this, but that makes a lot of sense. It's an incredibly useful thing. Here's a good use: mix it with baking soda and it is a wonderful help for wasp stings. I learned this after I got stung by a gigantic hornet last year. The pain nearly paralysed my arm, it was so bad! It looked awful, but it really helped-- probably would help stings on dogs, too.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2