View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2007, 09:40 PM
when you get pregnant you will be so delighted you won't worry about your weight anymore ............you will want to look fat so the world can see
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 08:47 AM
I think i'd just eat healthily personally rather than trying to diet. And congratulations on deciding to have a baby! Im sure i dont need to say this but have fun trying hehhe!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 09:26 AM
to be honest you might end up being a wonderfully healthy mum to be and never be sick and be able to eat everything OR you might be sick as a dog and just want to eat crap for the first couple of months !!!!

I would suggest trying to change your eating habits to eat healthier now, start taking folic acid and vitamins and if you get pregnant then see what you feel like as i lived on weird fdood the first three months as i felt pants !!!!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
to be honest you might end up being a wonderfully healthy mum to be and never be sick and be able to eat everything OR you might be sick as a dog and just want to eat crap for the first couple of months !!!!

I would suggest trying to change your eating habits to eat healthier now, start taking folic acid and vitamins and if you get pregnant then see what you feel like as i lived on weird fdood the first three months as i felt pants !!!!

im already taking folic acid
increased fruit and veg
no more alcohol
max 1 cup coffee a day
no more choc and sweets (except curly wurlys - low in point!)
No random snacking!

If i do this i will lose weight at maybe 2lbs a week i just wanted to know if this was safe?

what kind of weird food did you eat?

Alex
xx
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 03:06 PM
[QUOTE=Brundog;1075807]to be honest you might end up being a wonderfully healthy mum to be and never be sick and be able to eat everything OR you might be sick as a dog QUOTE]

well im a week away from being able to test but the past week i have felt really sick every day, bad headache everyday, REALLY emotional and keep getting little period like twinges but without the pain.... so you never know the blue line may appear next week!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 03:36 PM
[quote=alexandra;1076040]
to be honest you might end up being a wonderfully healthy mum to be and never be sick and be able to eat everything OR you might be sick as a dog QUOTE]

well im a week away from being able to test but the past week i have felt really sick every day, bad headache everyday, REALLY emotional and keep getting little period like twinges but without the pain.... so you never know the blue line may appear next week!
As for the blue line.... when I was pregnant I couldn't afford one of those tests so I had to do a different one which involved getting up first thing, have a wee (sorry) and mixing it in a test tube, leaving for 20 minutes and coming back to see if a dark ring appeared in the bottom of the test tube.

So I set the timer and went back to bed, but my OH got all excited as he heard the timer and thought I was cooking muffins for breakfast

As for cravings? It was Loseley greek yoghurt with dark fresh cherries, and jersey royals potatoes.

Oh and I didn't touch caffeine at all, no tea coffee coke etc, or alcohol. I always say thats why Charlie slept through from the word go *bliss*.
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
oooh how exciting! is this your first time??
you know you can test early i think 3 days before your due! good luck fingers crossed.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 09:51 PM
hello
good luck for that blue line...
i knew i was pregnant straight away and i mean like a few days after i would have conceived ( no joke) i was ill, and had agony boobs !!

anyway - weird food
just wanted sweet things in the morning like toast with nutella, and i just basically wanted to eat all day thats how i got through morning sicknesss by constantly eating - but i would go through phases of wanting one food only and eating it constantly and then totally going off itr and not eating it all again !!!

I craved coffee all the time although did try to curb that a little !!

i totally went off chocolate which was a miracle though !!!

fingers crossed for u here ...
by the way i found the cheap tests just as good as the expensive ones so dont feel you have to splash out on the expensive one.

also i tried it as late as possible as most chance of getting a positive and not a false negative

good luck
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 11:47 PM
if you only plan to cut the rubbish from your diet,,,then fine, but to be honest I wouldnt give yourself a target weight,,, you will find as said already you lose a bit to begin with anyway,,,but if you find out your pregnant just stick to good healthy eating,,,by the time you got to what you would think your target is, you will have began putting on baby pounds,,,, remember its all there to lose when you have given birth,,,, so dont panic about shedding it when pregnant,, eat well and eat what you can keep down, lol
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 11:49 PM
hello
good luck for that blue line...
i knew i was pregnant straight away and i mean like a few days after i would have conceived ( no joke) i was ill, and had agony boobs !!

anyway - weird food
just wanted sweet things in the morning like toast with nutella, and i just basically wanted to eat all day thats how i got through morning sicknesss by constantly eating - but i would go through phases of wanting one food only and eating it constantly and then totally going off itr and not eating it all again !!!

I craved coffee all the time although did try to curb that a little !!

i totally went off chocolate which was a miracle though !!!

fingers crossed for u here ...
by the way i found the cheap tests just as good as the expensive ones so dont feel you have to splash out on the expensive one.

also i tried it as late as possible as most chance of getting a positive and not a false negative

good luck
I new too, your not alone,, gordon was a New year~ish concieved baby,,, within 48hrs of when I think he was conceived I couldnt face alcohol,,, or coffee so not like me,,,,
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >