View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 09:11 PM
Thanks everyone for the supportive comments, appreciated as always.
can't you get on-line with satelite communication systems ?
Yes, if I had a few thousand spare and as I am jobless, single with a substantial mortgage and almost out of savings living in a half finished house, it's not likely in the foreseeable future.
When I originally moved to the U.K. I had a terrible time finding my first job. It took me 18months to find something
It took me 54 applications and 9 months to get my first job over here after 30 years employment in Britain. The job was hell and it took me 16 months to find something better, they dumped me after three months for no reason and left me in the situation I am in now.
Hence my feeling that I am unemployable. HOWEVER there is a job going for one of the State departments, interviewing people in their own homes on issues of social and employment issues (I sense some irony there ) you get paid per interview which they set up so nothing is guaranteed, but the hours are your own so it might be better than nothing and I could perhaps get a part time job in a supermarket to fill in.
So much for being a qualified accountant nearly 20 years....
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-06-2007, 09:14 PM
Deccy i wish there was some thing we could do to help, if i had a business your'ld be my 1st employee.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by Deccy View Post
After two months on zero income and many job applications, I had a call yesterday about a six month contract near to where I live. The interview was arranged for yesterday afternoon and I went. I thought it went very well, so much so that I assumed I would be starting on Monday as discussed, the job I can do with one hand tied behind my back, the money is fine, they are apparently desparate for someone who can start quickly.
I'm logging off now. Can't afford the phone bill any more.

Ahhh maybe you are over-qualified then? Some companies won't take on if they think you will find something else more suitable and are only 'making do' with them?

Don't worry the right job will come along wait and see xx
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2007, 06:40 PM
They knew I was over qualified when they asked me to interview and it's only a temp job. I also explained why I don't want a "career" job at the moment and this particular one would suit me very well. I thought I had got the points across.
Animal
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-06-2007, 10:24 PM
So sorry to hear you're having a hard time hun ((big hugz)) believe me when I say I do understand what its like. If I was a writer like you, I really could write a book lol! I hope things look up for you soon, and I'm sure 'Polly and Friends' is going to be a big sucess and boost your bank account loads
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2