View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

22-06-2007, 02:41 AM
I don't think it will be anything like ME. For a start almost all new PCs are coming with Vista pre-installed now and not XP

I usually dislike the windows family, but Vista is the best yet - lots more attention has been paid to usability, it's now actually a joy to use

Of course I jumped in the deep end and installed the 64bit version but the idea of more than 2GB of usable memory sounds good to me! Along with the improved security and of course 64bit is the future.

If I regret the move I'm sure I'll come back and say - but so far *touch wood* it's running great - and I wouldn't go back to XP if you paid me (mind you that could depend on how much as XP wasn't that bad, was it? - oh wait, yes it was )
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2007, 04:29 PM
I had to buy a new PC recently and it came with Vista, no choice in the matter!
It's very flashy, things like the end of a successful Freecell or Spider Solitaire are quite spectacular compared to the XP version! Just shows how I spend my time I haven't tried the mail bit, not sure how to, I tried to make Incredimail my default email program and it told me quite pompously that I have no admin rights. So who does?
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-06-2007, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by Deccy View Post
I had to buy a new PC recently and it came with Vista, no choice in the matter!
It's very flashy, things like the end of a successful Freecell or Spider Solitaire are quite spectacular compared to the XP version! Just shows how I spend my time I haven't tried the mail bit, not sure how to, I tried to make Incredimail my default email program and it told me quite pompously that I have no admin rights. So who does?

bill gates. :smt019 :smt019 :smt019
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2007, 07:10 PM
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 11:13 PM
After my first attempt at installing Vista Ultimate, I had another go the other day and so far it's working as it should (not screwing my system up)

Don't know about the mail thingy though, I'm still working my way round it all
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2007, 07:52 AM
I have been thinking about getting Vista for a while now, still undecided.

As my PC is still under warranty can i install Vista myself or do i have to get "Dell" to do it for me? Hate dealing with Dell, great comp but customer service stinks!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-07-2007, 02:11 PM
You can do it yourself you just need to by the disk from a pc shop you can either go for the full version or the upgrade the choice is yours.

IMO the full copy is the best way to go you'll have to format your harddrive so will all the information you have on your system at the moment will be lost.

Go for a OEM version and not retail as retail costs you more than them OEM.
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-07-2007, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by Wolfie;
After my first attempt at installing Vista Ultimate, I had another go the other day and so far it's working as it should (not screwing my system up)

Don't know about the mail thingy though, I'm still working my way round it all
it cost me 19 euros to upgrade get in touch with dell they should have an upgrade program or write an e. mail direct you get a full version not an oem but you have to install it new the upgrade is rubbish
EMEA
Software Upgrade Program Toshiba EMEA
PO Box AG Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Email: MSTUPVISTAEMEA@moduslink.com
Fax:
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2007, 05:53 PM
My new PC came with Vista and I've by passed XP so still finding my way round it haven't even managed to set the email thinger up yet!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-07-2007, 01:26 PM
If you want to setup Vista windows mail go HERE
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >