Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2007, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
You could probably use soya milk. Also when I was in Morrisons this morning they do a dairy free kind of ice cream thing that would probably be lush for smoothies.
On me way to Morrisons as we speak, hang on we don't have a Morrisons, local anyway
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2007, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
Dont want to take over this tread, but, does anyone know of any recipes that are dairy free, I'm lactose intolerant
I use soya milk in mine (see thread above) By the time you stuff 'em full of other stuff you probably wouldn't know the difference

Also, you can do fruit-based ones. So if you want a liquid base for it, use apple juice or something, then cram in the other bits to provide a bit of texture and roughage.

Or, if you fancied a kind of alcohol-free cocktail, try pureeing lots of fruit, then topping up in a tall glass with either lemonade or soda, whack in some ice-cubes and a mini umbrella!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2007, 01:11 PM
Most of the big supermarkets do dairy free ice cream. Forget the brand but there were quite a few
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2007, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
Dont want to take over this tread, but, does anyone know of any recipes that are dairy free, I'm lactose intolerant
You could try tinned coconut milk and if you are watching weight there is also the light one!! I made a great smoothie last night - Banana (2), coconut milk, diabetic ice-cream and a spoon ful of clear honey - scrumtious!!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2007, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by novavizz View Post
You could try tinned coconut milk and if you are watching weight there is also the light one!! I made a great smoothie last night - Banana (2), coconut milk, diabetic ice-cream and a spoon ful of clear honey - scrumtious!!
Mmmmm, never thought about coconut milk, sounds great.
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2007, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Mmmmm, never thought about coconut milk, sounds great.
You're not kidding! Brilliant idea Novavizz
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2007, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by duboing View Post
You're not kidding! Brilliant idea Novavizz
Have to try that one tomorrow definitely.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2007, 08:51 PM
OMG how thick am I , I have tins of coconut milk in the cupboard (not for long ) thanks novavizz and thanks everyone for the fab recipes
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2007, 10:42 AM
Also tried Banana, pineapple, coconut milk, honey and ice cream - delicious! Can you tell that I love bananas?

Coconut milk gives it just a little bit more flavour, my friend uses Rice milk as she is also lactose intolerant, easily bought from larger supermarkets.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2007, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by novavizz View Post
Also tried Banana, pineapple, coconut milk, honey and ice cream - delicious! Can you tell that I love bananas?

Coconut milk gives it just a little bit more flavour, my friend uses Rice milk as she is also lactose intolerant, easily bought from larger supermarkets.
Mmmmm...that one sounds fab! Proper meal in a glass
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2