View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2007, 12:06 AM
I will ask my friend to check his mouth tomorrow etc and see if anything can be seen

Thanks for that
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2007, 06:34 AM
Good luck with sorting this out, sounds nasty. keep us informed?
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2007, 09:13 AM
Good luck with sorting it out! Poor dog!
The vet does sound a bit lax!!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2007, 10:31 AM
How can a vet just tell you that it is fine to carry on as normal, what's normal about a dog having a smelly nosebleed twice in succession. :smt009

I too would absolutely seek a second opinion on this, it is not normal at all, I do hope it is something simple causing it.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2007, 12:36 PM
i would get vet to check him it could be sinuses but could also be alot of other things and i would be conserned,boxers do get very excitable at the prospect of going out,or when out but none of mine have ever had a nose bleed,i would seriously get him checked out,and do let us know what the vet said,thanx x
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2007, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
How can a vet just tell you that it is fine to carry on as normal, what's normal about a dog having a smelly nosebleed twice in succession. :smt009

I too would absolutely seek a second opinion on this, it is not normal at all, I do hope it is something simple causing it.
here here youv every right to a second opion ask around to find a better vet one by word of mouth is usaully the best xx
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2007, 12:42 PM
GET another vet asap hun it sounds quite serious i had a gsd /boixer who had a series of very serious nose bleeds and was told it was a sinus infection, i dnt want to alarm you hun so i wont tell you the finall out come but my boy had other signs of illness also but pleaz pleaz get another vets opinon as this vet your seeing aint worth toss in my opinion how she can diagnose a dog without sein it is bloody marvelous
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2007, 12:46 PM
Thanks for that

I think my friend took him this morning, but I don't yet know the outcome as she has had to work too, but as soon as I know anything, I'll post the outcome.

I really do hope it's not serious, he's a stunning dog and one she was hoping to show soon !
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2007, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Thanks for that

I think my friend took him this morning, but I don't yet know the outcome as she has had to work too, but as soon as I know anything, I'll post the outcome.

I really do hope it's not serious, he's a stunning dog and one she was hoping to show soon !
love and hugs for a speedy recovery for your friends dog please let us all know the outcome thanx
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2007, 11:37 PM
You did`nt let us know what happened :smt018
Hope all is well with the lad, can you let us know the outcome ?
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2