View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2007, 07:10 PM
Some even come to your own home so the dog gets as little disruption as possible. They're not cheap, but it would be worth it IMO.
Big hugs in the meantime honey xox
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2007, 07:21 PM
I know someone who does that near me... house-sits so someone is looking after the dog.
I know its not near you but I think its more common than people first think.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2007, 07:29 PM
Thanks I'm sure my vet or the animal shelter will be able to put me in touch with someone
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-04-2007, 07:34 PM
ask your vet for any reccomendations.
some of the nurses from ours run the house/pet sitting service.
plus it gives you a bit of peace of mind they know what to watch out for re heart etc.
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2007, 08:37 PM
There are quite a few pet sitting agencies about now that send people to your home to look after the dog. They have lots of rules such as not being allowed to leave the dog for more than a certain amount of time and they choose people most suited to your needs
I'm not sure what there is in your areabut I'm sure you'll be able to sort something good out by next year
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2007, 06:17 AM
we have used one of these house sitting companies before because we have five putting them into kennels is a massive job. Also i don't really like the idea of them being in kennels all day when they are only used to the house. the animal angel we used was great. she charged loads (we paid for two walkers one sitter) but it was really worth it. the dogs loved her and the house was not empty while we were away.
have you tried another few dates with your daughter?? maybe she would suggest some date when she is able to dog sit Mo.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-04-2007, 06:33 AM
You are not selfish at all,we felt the same when we lost max 5 yrs ago,we didn't get another dog for about 3yrs and did loads of things we wanted to do.
We then decided to get another dog and knew we would take him with us and sold our boat and bought a camper van our Sons jokingly said we are not looking after the dog,but our youngest still at home would have him for the odd weekend if needed.
The dog sitting services sound like a good idea hope it all works.
And (((Hugs))).xx
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2