register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-03-2007, 09:53 PM
I feel really sorry for Lona, she is like the ugly sister!!!
People always rush over and make a fuss of Cariad, and you can see her sat there, resigned to it. I always say to people to please make a fuss of Lona first as she is beautiful inside.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

24-03-2007, 11:02 PM
Hi TW You are right - and she is beautiful - both are. Love the first one - those eyes! Could go swimming in them! I would have loved that kiss from either of them

More! Please

Take care.
Heidi1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-03-2007, 12:38 PM
Lovely photos. Poor Lona being left out.

What age did they calm down a bit. We are looking forward to when our 10 month old calms down a bit more.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-03-2007, 12:48 PM
well they never really are dead absolute calm at all. My old girl Tawney caught and killed a rabbit only a few days before she had the first of her strokes, so they never turn into obedient little plodders, but to me that is the big plus about them.
My OH always said that Tawney was just like a small child, very loving and eager to please, but always with that bit of a daredevil where you never really knew what she would get up to next.
They sort of turn into your best friend and confidant, and you start being able to rely on them to use their judgement as to what sort of behaviour they need to adopt.
My Tawney realised that I couldn't hear well, and she sort of undertook the the task of letting me know people were speaking to me when I hadn't realised they were. But I always just took for granted what she did without realising it until my OH noticed and commented. Just things like that show they are 'mature' but they still do daft things and steal underwear and stuff right up till the end.
The destruction rate will slow down in the next few months though, they just have odd splurges of it when life gets too predicatable
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2007, 01:05 PM
Wow! Truly stunning dogs, I love them, and I adore that pic of Cariad licking yer face! Lol! If that's norty, I'll have some of that anytime!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-03-2007, 01:14 PM
Well Helena, they would certainly help your builders when you start your extension, they are expert demolishers!!
Ask my neighbour whose fence they ate!! (He has never liked me anyway and that just put the tin hat on it!) Ask my builder who carefully filled in a hole they had dug THROUGH the concrete under my doorstep, only for them to dig it out again a few days later!!!! Or there is my coal bunker they have emptied half a dozen times....always in the night so I come down to 2 dirty Norties and a yard full of coal... I could go on - but I am sure you get the picture!!!
Still love them to bits though, the day the piccies were taken they had their angelic faces on because my photographer friend just adores them and they would never burst her bubble
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2007, 01:21 PM
Well, I'll just come up to yours then for my Cariad and Lona kisses, please don't bring them here, much as I love them, the place wouldn't stand it!!! I bet you can't stop yourself from laughing sometimes when they've been norty, they sound like a right couple of little monkeys to me!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-03-2007, 01:27 PM
well I don't think my place is going to stand it much longer!!!
Poor house, it has been here since the 1890's and withstood 2 world wars, several dobies, my children, and then The Norties!!!!
I do love them, and I can laugh about things - eventually!!!
Adele4dan
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-03-2007, 01:37 PM
Both beautiful!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2