Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-01-2005, 08:17 PM
E see my edit above re food 4 is good young cat should heal fast
enerosar
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-01-2005, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the tip on the feeding, im told he wont drink milk or tin cat food, hes offten seen eating out of the dog dishes, but we are just off to the chippy so will call into the coop for fish for him. Got to give him the best chance of getting better fast.
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2005, 09:43 PM
aw poor ginger i hope he gets better soon
enerosar
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-01-2005, 12:30 AM
Well shop was closed so its off to Asda in the morn for him. Hes had some food (tin meat) mixed with milk which im told he used to have when Ste 1st got him, he had the milk which was the idea.

Hes now resting in the bathroom in his cage. He wont come out to use his tray so will try again tomorrow. The vet said that he will need to go by tomorrow(could tell by the xrays) but he will go in the cage if he gets desperate. We have put a cover over his cage and left the light on for him. He has a teddy with him as he sleeps with one of our other cats usually. He might not want teddy but at least hes there. And just incase he cries and we dont hear him in the night we have put a 2 way radio in there.

Hope hes feeling better in the morning after a good nights rest.
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2005, 12:35 AM
oh am so sorry to hear about your cat
harleys injuries are minor compared to gingers
my thoughts are with you at this terrible time
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2005, 12:35 AM
Be careful giving your cat milk, as cats are lactose intolerant. He might be ok, but milk can give them diarrhea, which isn't too good if he cant get to his litter tray quickly!
You would be best giving him the commercial cat milk you can buy.
enerosar
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-01-2005, 12:47 AM
Originally Posted by Hevvur
Be careful giving your cat milk, as cats are lactose intolerant. He might be ok, but milk can give them diarrhea, which isn't too good if he cant get to his litter tray quickly!
You would be best giving him the commercial cat milk you can buy.
Its ok we know hes ok with milk, its not somthing he has offten. Plus it was only a small amount just so hes had some liquid today seeing as hes not drank since coming home this morning. Hes not a cat that will drink milk even if left out, so he must of been thirsty. He wont have a drink now till morning then he will have water as he will take it from a sryinge if it comes to it. But thanks for mentioning it. I know nothing about Cats as i have only ever lived with them since moveing in with Ste so he tells me what he can and cant have LOL

Jax, the only reason Ginger is worse than Harley is Ginger is a bit smaller than Harley. Harleys size would of helped him not get as hurt if you know what i mean.
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2005, 12:56 AM
yes i understand what you mean
that is what the vet said to us,if it had been one of our other dogs the story could have been alot different

harley weighs in at 64 kgs so is a solid lump-luckily
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-01-2005, 11:14 AM
enerosar yes thank you Hevvur , many adult cats are lactose intolerant. I was thinking 'cat milk' having guess E having a cat knew about intolerance. Milk is a good source of calcium for a sick immobile cat and there are cat milks available I think Whiskers do one? You may also be able to get a 'human' milk in the health food shop. I expect the poor chap may feel worse today as the bruising comes out, if you didn't think of it already it can be a comfort for any poorly animal to have a warm hot water bottle wrapped in a towel and put in with them too.
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2005, 11:36 AM
e how is ginger today?
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >