register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-03-2007, 02:58 PM
my 2 had this over Christmas (it started Christmas morning to be exact) so couldn't get them to the vets till the Wednesday, they had a Kaolin and morphine jab each and then a light diet for a couple of days and were fine after that. Its awful to see them like that isn't it because they are usually such lively hungry dogs and all of a sudden they change into this miserable non-eater.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2007, 03:02 PM
Thanks everyone, gave them both kisses and cuddles from everyone. Managed to get Kain to eat a little boiled fish, Inkas appetite is a lot better so he got a wee bit extra, Kain is still squirting, bright orange in colour...Inkas is softer than this mornings...sorry to be so graphic lol all in a doggy days work.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2007, 03:05 PM
Kaolin and morphine
I used to use that stuff with Suki, but I did'nt want to use it for the boys incase it was an infection and never cleared
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2007, 03:55 PM
Darn it, it's hard enough when one dog is ill but two I do hope they both feel better soon
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2007, 04:10 PM
get well soon Inka and Kain
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 04:04 PM
Thanks Anne-Marie and Mys, was back at the vet this morning Kain is'nt any better, 55 quid for tabs that did'nt work now 4.56 for a wee pill bottle of Kaolin n' morphine, bah !
Need to wait now to see what tomorrow brings lol
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 04:24 PM
Sorry to hear Kain's still not any better, he will be soon, I'm sure it's what Inka had, so he should be ok soon. Tell me about money for goods that don't work from those vets!!! I've still got half a bottle of that Malaseb and a limping dog!
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 04:32 PM
Dorwest herbs do a supplement called Symphytum I think its supposed to be good for long term injuries helps speed up the healing process, good for bones ligaments ect.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 04:44 PM
Thanks for that, coz in my heart, I now think it's a ligament problem, but then of course the vet's wouldn't have known that would they!!!!! I was thinking of going down the homeopathic route, but was thinking of something arneca based, perhaps that might be similar, I'll try it. Thanks again!

Hope the doglets are backto normal soon.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2007, 10:41 AM
Kain is still squirting even after 3 10 ml doses of K n' M, don't understand it cause I know this stuff usually works really quick, he still wants to eat, but not the light stuff, turning his nose up at boiled chicken, turkey and fish...still chaseing around on our walks but does tire a bit quicker, am gonna need to go back to the vet today.

Helena, Dorwest herbs are great very helpful on the phone, I used to use them a lot when I had Suki, I get Keepers mix from them for Inka and kain.
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »