View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-03-2007, 10:58 PM
Ramble can you weigh Biff and keep a log of the weight just to see if there is any real weight loss going on? Three weeks is a very short time to lose any amount of weight.

I guess you already know the easiest way to do this is to weigh yourself on the bathroom scales then both of you (if you can hold him ) and deduct one weight from the other.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2007, 11:04 PM
It could be that changing him onto Burns has made him lose weight, it seems to do this with some dogs. Although my golden oldie has never been better since being changed on to Burns (and having most of his teeth removed! ).

Personally I would try buying some Nature Diet, heat a small amount in the mircowave and mix it with his moistened Burns, see if that tempts him!

If not then I'd perhaps pop to the vets for a check up and then when all is well consider changing to a different food to be honest.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2007, 10:03 AM
Hi Mini...sorry I didn't make myself very clear, he hasn't lost the weight over 3 weeks it's been over a much longer period than that.
Thanks Rips, my BC is totally thriving on it and loving it, he has been brilliant in every way since changing him...
This morning, we fed my BC first and held back on Biffs, then made a big deal over him,'are ypu hungry Biff?'etc etc...after Mo had eaten. We then let him see us adding cold water to it going..'mmmmmmmmmm, isn't this lovely' he was whining, tail wagging.....it was put down and he scoffed the lot.........
It seems Biff needs the anticipation of food to get him excited about it and willing to eat as we did try to put it down with Mo's and he turned his nose up at it........
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2