View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gypsygirl
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-03-2007, 03:33 AM
That's geat that you found it. Sophie my GSD x had a nail split on the underneath. The vet cut it right back and she was right as rain in a few days and the new nail grew back with no deformity. She also has a hairline fracture on a toe on her left hind leg. That is taking forever to heal.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2007, 06:37 AM
Pleased you found out what was causing Georgie's discomfort Aitch. Hopefully, you and and the vet can put it right. Bit hug for G xox
lotsforus
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-03-2007, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
YOU'RE A STAR!!!! I just investigated all his toenails with my big magnifying glass, and his first toenail on that foot, has a lot of dried blood on the inside and the whole nail is split open right near the join to the toe!!!! How did a vet miss that????!!! I am STILL waiting for my vet to ring me, so I just rang him, he's busy, but will ring when he's finished. I need to know what I can put on it. It's very dried up and doesn't look infected, but perhaps he will let me slap some Fuciderm on it? I don't know? I've got some wound powder and other stuff, but I need to ask him. Also I think I'll take him tomorrow for some ab's! Thanks sooooooo much, it was only your post that made me check out his nails thoroughly!
Wow glad it helped.
It just sounded so much like what we had with patch.
Hope your doggy feels better soon.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2007, 12:43 PM
Thanks guys He's still limping very badly today. I spoke to my vet eventually at 7.30pm. last night, he was very tired, just done a 12hour day and he won't be able to see us until tomorrow afternoon!! I don't want that other chap who diagnosed ARTHRITIS (my a***). I just knew it wasn't that!!!

He told me there was nothing I could put on it,just salt water. I hope he does something miraculous tomorrow afternoon, coz I feel so sorry for poor little Georgie, he hasn't complained once, such an inoffence little man he is, unlike my "in yer face" Cassie, she would have been screaming the house down!!

I have been doing the salt water, but I've also been spraying some iodine on it when we've got back from our walks today, coz I don't want it getting infected, if it isn't already that is, but I can't see any sign of that. Mind you, I don't really know what to look for, the toe seems ok, not swollen.

I wonder what's next?????!!!!!
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2007, 01:02 PM
Hi
Glad you found the cause of his discomfort.
Hope things start to settle over the next while.
C
x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2007, 01:04 PM
Thanks C, I really do feel so sorry for him at the moment, I'm smothering him with kisses and cuddles, I do hope Cassie isn't jealous!!!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2007, 12:16 AM
Sending hugs x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2007, 11:21 AM
Thanks Tracy He was fine this morning after my first aid on it, but now he's limping again after we've been out. I've got some of that Savlon wash now instead of salt water, so I've been spraying that on. I've got an appointment tomorrow at 9am with my normal vet, he'll sort it out!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2007, 03:54 PM
Another thread I've only read - sorry to hear about this, but so glad you found out what it was - brilliant lotsforus!

Big hugs and kisses being sent your way! xx
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2007, 11:55 PM
I'm sooooo glad my baby boy is ok after all
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2