Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2007, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by cc22peatree View Post
she asked if she could have her papers and i said she could see them but she wasnt taking them,thats wen she took trins number.
do you think it was just to frighten me in2 a confession,if there was one?
I honestly don't know why they should use those tactics but anything is possible...
I was hoping you hadn't handed over your paperwork...don't even if they want it.
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2007, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by nissanmad View Post
I honestly don't know why they should use those tactics but anything is possible...
I was hoping you hadn't handed over your paperwork...don't even if they want it.
im not going to but why shouldnt i ?
surely ne1 with sense would no trin is definatly not a pitbull?
dont they look like a large stafford with longer legs?
i think she was emplying trin is small as shes a cross
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-02-2007, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by cc22peatree View Post
do you think it was just to frighten me in2 a confession,if there was one?
No it wasn't to frighten you into a confession,the police have to do a job,and if its reported by some idiot that you have a Pit Bull (which you obviously haven't) then they have to come round to investigate the report.As nissanmad says do not under any circumstances sign anything. They will in the end find out that trinny is not a pit with her number and you will probably hear no more.But the police should then charge the idiot that reported you for wasting their time.Remember that there isn't that many police officers that know what a Pit bull looks like anyway.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Because they are proof that your dog is registered with the KC and have your name and address on as current owners.
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-02-2007, 10:45 PM
I think you should look at how Sky etc (sorry can't remember the full name ) handled their situation. I don't think you can ever hope to scare or threaten the police away the best way is always total politeness and co-operation at all enquiries.
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-02-2007, 11:01 PM
Sadly she doesn't have to be a pit bull to be classed as pit type, I really do hope this blows over. Ask your vet to write you a reference stating her breed and how well behaved she is. Fingers crossed you hear no more.
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2007, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by AnneUK View Post
Sadly she doesn't have to be a pit bull to be classed as pit type, I really do hope this blows over. Ask your vet to write you a reference stating her breed and how well behaved she is. Fingers crossed you hear no more.
dear god,i hope it does blow over.
if i could figure out how to post pics id put one of trin on here just to show how ludicrus this pitbull idea is,she looks nothing like one,at all
fluffybunnyfeet
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-02-2007, 11:14 PM
I hope it goes well, must be very worrying for you.

I have always found that most of the police are relatively ill equiped for anything much greater than a motoring offence.

Thats not a reflection of them in general, just my experience and their apparent response to incidents that have occured around the neighbourhood.
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2007, 11:20 PM
sorry you are going through this

havent the police got anything better to do?
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2007, 11:21 PM
well im very sorry i hopefully the papers should be enough! good luck and keep us informed please!
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »