View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2007, 09:00 PM
Vaccination can cause immune meditated diseases and is more common than people think. My friend runs a group for dogs with auto immune problems, would you like me to ask her for the details, its an excellent group and the people there have probably gone through what you have, they can help and advise.
Dawn.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2007, 09:03 PM
Oh Bev, I'm so sorry to hear this. Big hug xox
Sorry, I just don't know what else to say xxx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2007, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Vaccination can cause immune meditated diseases and is more common than people think. My friend runs a group for dogs with auto immune problems, would you like me to ask her for the details, its an excellent group and the people there have probably gone through what you have, they can help and advise.
Dawn.
Thanks BorderDawn but I was convinced that is what my last two dogs died from regular vaccination causing auto immune disease so I have done loads of research into it and now Titre test. Milo has not been vaccinated since his puppy jabs as his results were high. OMG apart from lepto as that showed he had no cover and I know lepto vacine can be the main culprit. Now I'm wondering is a side effect of the disease trying to eat soil.
Oh my brain is in overdrive right now. I just don't know anymore :smt089
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2007, 09:29 PM
awe madmare so sorry to hear this, I really hope the wee chap is ok, will ask the farm about soil analisis(sp) they may know
hugs shona x
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-01-2007, 11:41 PM
Hi Madmare , so sorry to hear your little dog is poorly...
is this what you are looking for?

http://www.norfolktopsoil.co.uk/page7.html

http://www.eurosci.co.uk/cms/publish/soil.shtml
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2007, 11:37 AM
So sorry to hear this about Milo. Good luck getting the soil tests done as well.
Healing thoughts to you both.
xx
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2007, 07:26 PM
OMG, thinking of you right now, I hope Milo is strong enough to pull through xxxxxxxx
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

27-01-2007, 08:45 PM
Have you used lawn weedkiller on your lawn or other systemic weedkiller around the garden ?

In December 2003 a whole raft of lawn weedkillers were made illegal (although some householders may still have them in their sheds).

See: http://www.peterborough.gov.uk/page-5288

Some of these were removed due to health concerns - leukaemia, auto-immune disease etc.

Other so called "safe" systemic weedkillers such as Roundup® (glyphosate) have also been shown to cause leukaemia. The company's advertising says that the chemical is taken up by the plants and any landing on the soil is quickly deactivated.

Glyphosate has a reported half life in the soil of anywhere between 1-174 days, with the average being around 47 days depending on your soil type. Half life means the time taken for half of the applied chemical to disappear - the remaining half will still be there. So if your soil type is the worse kind 25% of what you applied may still be present in the soil after a year!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by royv View Post
Have you used lawn weedkiller on your lawn or other systemic weedkiller around the garden ?

In December 2003 a whole raft of lawn weedkillers were made illegal (although some householders may still have them in their sheds).

See: http://www.peterborough.gov.uk/page-5288

Some of these were removed due to health concerns - leukaemia, auto-immune disease etc.

Other so called "safe" systemic weedkillers such as Roundup® (glyphosate) have also been shown to cause leukaemia. The company's advertising says that the chemical is taken up by the plants and any landing on the soil is quickly deactivated.

Glyphosate has a reported half life in the soil of anywhere between 1-174 days, with the average being around 47 days depending on your soil type. Half life means the time taken for half of the applied chemical to disappear - the remaining half will still be there. So if your soil type is the worse kind 25% of what you applied may still be present in the soil after a year!

No I have never used anything on my lawn or anywhere in my garden. I'm very careful about dogs and chemicals so much so even my kitchen floor is washed in plain warm water containing no detergent.
I am concerned about chemicals or something being dumped and now buried way below the garden surface by the builders of my house, which is now making the surface of the soil palatable and toxic, which is why I need to get my soil tested.
Kath
Sadly Missed
Female 

27-01-2007, 09:06 PM
It may be worth trying your local NFU., or an Agricultural Merchants, they should know of an analytical chemists that will test for you. Kath
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >