View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2007, 08:57 PM
Oh yes - forgot to mention - I was wearing a new blouse under a sweatshirt, took the sweatshirt off and every button had pinged undone I was suddenly quite popular amongst the men after "borrowing" some gold safety pins from another exhibitor I thought I'd be ok until I was standing in a group of fairly big names including the editor of a new magazine on showing, it was pointed out that one button had pinged again and I was showing my bra, editor offered to put me on page 3 probably as "old spice"
I blame the Dane jumping up .....
Colonel & Karen
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-01-2007, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by Deccy View Post
Karen - a minor point - it wasn't an Open show!!!!!
It was a Limited show - and boy, were the classes big compared to the Opens! There was only AV each Group so the same as being in the Group really, so well done to Colonel for effectively winning what would be the group at an Open! AND AV Junior!
We had a bad day, I left my show jacket at home that'll teach me to iron it, Deccy was DYING to empty himself but didn't let me know until we were in the ring for AV Utility, he crossed his legs and managed 4th out of 8, we then dashed outside where it had started to rain and was freezing, he then took a full five minutes to decide precisely where to empty himself, we then dashed back in for AV handled by a lady (yes they let me in too! ) 14 in that, managed 3rd. Really good prizes for everyone placed, I got a set of hairbrushes & mirror for the 3rd and a set of 4 scented candles for the 4th, both very acceptable. We stayed on for AV not bred by exhibitor, got chucked out, ditto AV Open but he went well. His highlight was trying to play with Colonel who was towering above him and batting his head with a huge paw! I asked Colonel for a kiss, got a very restrained one, then he jumped up and he is BIG let's just say I got more of a close up of his crown jewels than is usual in polite company!
Didn't get back until gone 8pm, lots to do before I go to bed so better get on with it .......

Thanks for the Info on Limited Shows, Well done to you and Deccy, i really enjoyed that show there was a Great athmosphere at it!! so i Guess You won't be wearing that Blouse again! That is soooo Funny I deleted the pics that my Mam took of Colonel & Deccy as i thought i had saved them to my Computer but when i went to post them i realised they hadn't saved and there were some really nice one's, Ah well we'll just have to get some at the net show!!
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2007, 06:05 PM
Well done Karen and and Colonel. Poor you Gill I'll bet you were popular with the boys though. Where abouts was the Show on?
Colonel & Karen
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-01-2007, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by Berger View Post
Well done Karen and and Colonel. Poor you Gill I'll bet you were popular with the boys though. Where abouts was the Show on?
It was the Airedale Terrier Club of Ireland Limited Show in Cloghran, were heading out to Cloghran again tonight for training Classes, That Harness your using sounds great!!
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2007, 07:35 PM
Awww sounds like a brilliant day!!!! Well done to Colonel and Deccy!!!
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2007, 09:43 PM
Well done
Glad you both had a good day x
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2007, 10:22 PM
Berger, there's another Limited show this Sunday at Cloghran, judging starts 2pm, don't know if I'll be there after last week's fiasco plus it's my birthday same day mind you I'd only be sitting at home on my own if I didn't go.
We'll see..... also the tolls on the N4 and westlink have gone up and it now costs €9 to get to Cloghran and back unless I go the pretty route up the N3
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2