View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2007, 10:14 PM
No I'm definatly not a hero and I wimped out the minute he held that jagged glass at my throat. I thought just take the money mate Tesco can afford it but my daughter needs me home tonight, she has noone else but me.
I was shakey for a while afterwards, but he was highly unlikely to come back for a second hit the same day so got on with it.
Unfortunatly I live extremely close to the scumbag, which is a bit disconcerting, but I have to try not to let that play on my mind.
Possibly will take the offer of councelling. Its free and definatly won't do any harm as I do still feel a bit mixed up inside. One minute I feel fine the next its playing on my mind and then it all seems like it must have just been a bad dream and can't be real.
teenytiny
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-01-2007, 10:42 PM
OMG that's just awful, hope your ok now
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-01-2007, 10:49 PM
Glad you're ok, that must have been scarey
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2007, 10:49 PM
So pleased that you and your manager are ok, but be careful, you could be suffering from delayed shock.

Bin liner on his head eh, long gone are the days they put stockings on their heads, mind you, in these days of 'tights' where would he have tied the extra leg? Was it a black bin bag I ask myself, I am surprised that he could see where he was going. I hope the police soon have him in custody.

Take care.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2007, 10:53 PM
So very glad you are OK - counselling might be a good idea. Things can affect you the next day, week or whatever so make sure you look after yourself.

Take care, I hope you get a good nights sleep. xx
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2007, 10:57 PM
What a dreadful thing to happen.
Glad to hear your ok.Sending hugs xx
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-01-2007, 11:08 PM
There are some dispicable people out there. Most likely a drug user needing a fix.

Please do take up their offer of counselling though cause these things sometimes have a nasty habit of playing on your mind for some time afterwards.Talking about it here though is a positive step forward.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2007, 11:40 PM
My dad used to work for a well known security company, driving the vans picking money up from banks and dropping wages off etc. They got held up, my dads friend was shot in the neck and my dad was held at gun point for an hour, the gun was pressed so hard into his neck he had the mark there for weeks afterwards. Thankfully a nurse was on the street shopping and saved my dads friends life, he would have bled to death.

My dad had to give up work after this, he still has nightmares and had years of counselling, this all happened 16 years ago this month and he remembers it like it was yesterday. His friend recovered from the gunshot wound but never went back to work and sadly died recently

Glad to hear you are ok whenever I hear about hold ups it really brings it all back to me.
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2007, 11:43 PM
Goodness!

Im so sorry to hear this, I hope that you are alright, you must of been terrified.

Im very pleased your ok, lets hope this scum bag gets locked up and the key thrown away.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2007, 12:00 AM
OMG what a frightening experience!!!!! I hope your ok now. Try not to dismiss the offer of councilling immediately as a good friend of mine was held at gunpoint in a local Building Society... and the shock of it did not affect her until much later on.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >