View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2006, 09:39 AM
Teagan has been fed CSJ for a year or two now.
It's the only thing i've found that suits her!

I gave some to Isochick for Max to try, and now Max has it too!
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2006, 08:48 AM
Hi i feed my springers , Skinners field and trial either the maintenance or the duck and rice and they thrive on it, both iof these are around £15 for 15kg
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2007, 04:53 PM
Hi guys thanks for your replies, I have just got back from my hols sorry I wasnt around to reply sooner! Just looking into csj now, have been using artucky for treats to see what loki thinks and he seems keen so may go with that, was just worried if I fed him a working food I may make and already hyper dog worse!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2007, 04:57 PM
Max is hyper... and feeding CSJ hasn't made him any worse!

His coat is lovely and shiny and his poo is solid and easily pick-up-able
bint
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-01-2007, 09:41 AM
I started feeding autarky summer a while ago & both my dogs love it. I feed it alongside raw (not at the same time). Our young Utonagan is maintaining his weight & doesn't seem any more hyper than usual. Our elderly lad on the other hand is getting a bit porky (probably should be on the autumn version) so I have to be quite strict with him. No digestive problems either.
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-01-2007, 07:27 PM
I've just brought some Autarky to see how my two get on with it. My two are very active and kept on a working dog type diet. My flatcoat is a pig and will eat anything but being black you can see almost straight away if his coat isn't right. I've been feeding Gilpa Value biscuits that I get from Scats (£9.99 for a 15 kilo sack) and they get either Prize Choice Lamb or Trip in their dinner as well, they've done ok on it, but the golden is now going through another picky stage

It's good to hear that everyone else has had good reviews with Autarky though so I'm hopeful that it will pass the golden's taste test
MB
New Member!
Male 

20-04-2007, 12:55 PM
I have been feeding Autarky for a while, I would say that it's comparable with JWB or Burns in quality and the effect on the dogs health. My Lab Ben has a lovely shiny coat that has been commented on and never seems to tire, despite running everywhere. Best of all it's under £11 for 15KG at Costco.

For those owners who say that it puts on too much weight, any nutritionist would simply advise you to feed less. The recommended amounts are only a guide and you should adjust the amount to suit.

I tried a CSJ food that was ok but stopped feeding it as soon as I found out that it contained BHA and BHT as preservatives, both of which are known to have the potential to cause health problems and are banned in many countries, the US and Japan included.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2007, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by MB View Post
I tried a CSJ food that was ok but stopped feeding it as soon as I found out that it contained BHA and BHT as preservatives, both of which are known to have the potential to cause health problems and are banned in many countries, the US and Japan included.
Can you give us a bit more information about what health problems can be caused? My dogs are all fed on CSJ and have never looked better.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2007, 10:02 PM
Have you thought of natural/home cooked, raw?
Springador
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-05-2007, 04:15 PM
My pup is on Autarky which he loves but he poo's all the times, could it be the food is not right for him.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >