View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2006, 06:54 PM
the main factor in my discion to have kenny at the kennels was the fact that i can not and will not put jazzie 'at risk' of getting pregnant - not because i don't want her to have pups but simply because back in august this year she had a massive abcess and had to have major surgery, she now has a wicked scar all the way down her belly. it was only 4 months ago and i'd not dare even risk getting her pregnant so soon after as it may rupture that scar - i don't even want to think about the come back from that one!!!

also she is only 2 and a half so she's still quite young really.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2006, 07:00 PM
i think your very responsible eloquence ..........
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2006, 07:01 PM
Oh dear poor kenny I'm sure he'll prefer the kennels really
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2006, 07:08 PM
Must be hard for you but you did the right thing..
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2006, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by eloquence View Post
the main factor in my discion to have kenny at the kennels was the fact that i can not and will not put jazzie 'at risk' of getting pregnant - not because i don't want her to have pups but simply because back in august this year she had a massive abcess and had to have major surgery, she now has a wicked scar all the way down her belly. it was only 4 months ago and i'd not dare even risk getting her pregnant so soon after as it may rupture that scar - i don't even want to think about the come back from that one!!!

also she is only 2 and a half so she's still quite young really.
I think you're extremely responsible, a lesser person would have not bothered about the bitch, just think of getting money for pups. I don't mate my girls until they are at least 3 years old, setters are just too immature before that, (thats just my opinion). I did smile though, visualising poor Kenny trying his luck, I see it so many times with this lot, they look so scared when they get short shrift from the girls
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2006, 07:56 PM
I think you have the right thing, for all of you. He'll be home soon enough!
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2006, 08:48 PM
oh thanks guys.

i have 2 children - both born by c-section, i certainly would not have wanted to of found myself pregnant again 4 months after surgery!! i know its not really the same thing, but jazzie is my baby, i was so distraught back in august when she was so very poorly - i could NEVER perposly(spelling!) put her in danger ever.

As for breeding for money, please don't go there - anyone that honestly thinks that there is money in that is mad. i know nothing about breeding any dogs but i know that the op that jazzie had in august cost me nearly 3 grand. it just is not the right thing to do so soon after major surgery - if she got pregnant now it may well rupture her scar - that to me is like handing her a death sentence.

She means more to me than that - just watching her race across a field gives me great passion for her - i don't need puppies for that!!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2