View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2006, 05:17 PM
Now don't go scaring yourself to death reading up on all that just yet!!!! Been there!!! I bet you'll find he'll be 100% when you go back to the vet (I really hope so anyway!)and the vet will probably poopoo the idea of that perthes anyway and you've gone and frightened yourself to death reading up all about it! Just calmly wait (if you can!) until you go back to the vet again, and I hope I'm right!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-12-2006, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by lucylou View Post
thanks for all your replies, i felt a lot calmer going to the vets having read them.

vet thinks not kneecap or cruciate ligament - phew ! thinks he has damaged soft tissue,is on metacam over the weekend back to vet on monday for check up. vet stretched his legs right out (made me cringe) but this seems to have really helped as he has walked on his leg since we've been home and seems a lot happier so now so am i!!

the vet did mention he wants to examine his left hip further when he is better because he thinks he may have the beginnings of perthes disease. I have read up on this before but not known any dogs with it - anyone have an experiences???
Hi Lucylou do you mean Legg Perthes ? It's quite common in Yokies and thought to be genetic ,so best to get it checked and find out if it is so you can inform the breeder .

click here
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2006, 06:51 PM
Sorry to hear your little dog has hurt his leg, hope it is something simple that will bet better soon, try not to think the worst about his leg - as Helena54 says we all tend to worry our heads off and most of the time it is over nothing!

Give him a big cuddle from me xx
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2006, 07:00 PM
i am glad he seems a little bit more comfortable
lucylou
New Member!
Female 

06-12-2006, 04:50 PM
update:

vet has (funnily enough) decided he can't feel anything crunchy in his hip i.e legg-perthes - YAY! He has advised the signs to watch for in the future in case he does develop it and he is still on rest for his sprained leg (not much fun for us!) although earlier he yelped very loudly and limped for a few minutes but I think he thought he was all better then reminded himself. then a few minutes later back to his nutty self

am so glad I found this forum as no-one I work with or am friends with have dogs and look at me a bit oddly when I get worried about mine but they don't understand!!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2006, 05:08 PM
There you go then! Thank goodness you didn't scare yourself to death searching the internet on something he doesn't have!! It's always good to know about such things, but NOT when you think they've got them!!! Glad he's back to his normal sutty self now, he'll be right as rain soon, awwwwww, I'm really pleased for you.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-12-2006, 06:05 PM
Hi Lucylou
Isn't the body a wonderful thing, if a part of it gets hurt it creates pain>limping to prevent use and give the affected part chance to heal

I am very glad your lovely little dog is alright..
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2