View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2006, 02:06 PM
I think 2 litters is ok as long as the first goes well ....my Bonnie has had 3 litters aged 2..3 and 4 and half we only allowed her the 3rd as she is a super mum Bonnie was an easy whelper who is just so happy to have babies in the nest

Pippa had 2 puppies aged 2 and half no probs then a C section aged 4and half so thats the lot for her
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2006, 02:07 PM
i think you can register 2 litter from same dam in a year....but seen as special circumstances perhaps like she whelped one pup in Feb then had another litter in Dec ...

not sure
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2006, 02:19 PM
This is what the Kennel Club has to say on the matter:-

Thank you for your message. The KC will register 2 litters from a bitch in a
twelve month period. However if you are a licensed breeder, it is illegal to
breed a bitch this often.
lizdll
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2006, 02:23 PM
been looking again on kennel club about litter registering + it says

:this service is only available to breeders where no more than four litters have been registered at an address over the preceding 12 month period
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2006, 02:26 PM
A friend of mine who has bred says you cannot breed on 2 consecutive seasons and register them both as far as he is aware.

I haven't actually looked on the site I just asked him on msn
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2006, 04:24 PM
I thought it seemed alot one litter after another, but i know nothing of breeding so mayne its right for some not for others

hmm thats odd, heres the email they sent me:

the mum & dad are kc reg, but the pups aren't. the reason for this is that the kennel club brought in a new rule stating that if a bitch has 2 litters in any one calender year, only the first litter can be kc reg. unfortunately as ebony (the mum) had a litter back in february/march, that litter got the kc reg. the only dissadvantage would be if you wanted to show etc. if you wanted them for family pets, they're as good as you can get. great temperment and blood line etc. the price reflects this rule. all the boys are spoken for in this litter but we hope to have a litter next early spring ( they will be kc reg). hope i have been of help, regards
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2006, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by knottybabe View Post
I thought it seemed alot one litter after another, but i know nothing of breeding so mayne its right for some not for others

hmm thats odd, heres the email they sent me:

the mum & dad are kc reg, but the pups aren't. the reason for this is that the kennel club brought in a new rule stating that if a bitch has 2 litters in any one calender year, only the first litter can be kc reg. unfortunately as ebony (the mum) had a litter back in february/march, that litter got the kc reg. the only dissadvantage would be if you wanted to show etc. if you wanted them for family pets, they're as good as you can get. great temperment and blood line etc. the price reflects this rule. all the boys are spoken for in this litter but we hope to have a litter next early spring ( they will be kc reg). hope i have been of help, regards
Definately not a good breeder in my book Id advice you to stear clear she is obviously breeding this poor bitch at every season with no break between to recover they obviously dont care about the well being of this bitch!!!!
barneys mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-11-2006, 04:33 PM
That seems a bit soon to me if they are from the same mum I always thought that it was best to let the bitch have a rest of at lest one season ---Aileen
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2006, 04:33 PM
Maybe they are licensed breeders then, have more than 4? litters per year.
Tee
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-11-2006, 05:06 PM
Hang on, the KC says it will register 2 litters from a bitch in 1 year but it's illegal for a licenced breeder to breed a bitch at the same rate?? This doesn't make any sense to me.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >