View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2006, 09:13 PM
Bull Breeds All Breed Champ show today at Dublin.....
The highlights and good parts were-
1. Being asked by very famous exhibitor (won Crufts BIS a few years ago) how I got on, when told I hadn't shown yet, wished me luck. What a very very nice man he is.
2. The lady I tried to hand back a trophy to last weekend appeared and found me, so that's sorted out.
3. Managed to buy a product I have been looking for, plus it was discounted for the show
4. Was greeted by loads of exhibitors from other breeds and chatted for ages, never happened at UK shows (not even in my own breed ) strangely they were not just from ROI, but NI & Britain too. Must be something in the air!
5. Our ring was nice and big - Borzois were on before us and they opened it up at that stage - and Deccy went beautifully like the good boy he is.

Now, as for the judging......

Oh well, another show next weekend.
casimari
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-11-2006, 04:33 PM
Anyone going to South and West Wales Cav show tomorrow at Merthyr Tydfil?
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2006, 10:35 PM
nope, but I am going to Hants Gundog if thats any help!

I hope you have a good day if you are at merthyr
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

04-11-2006, 11:01 PM
Good luck to all who are showing tomorrow. We have nothing this weekend.
SarahJ
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-11-2006, 11:11 PM
Good luck all too we have nothing this weekend good luck to them going to working pastoral at scotland tomorrow.

I'm saving up for next friday our girl got into the great dane premier league (top 12 danes of the year out of mp, p &junior) invited to a dinner dance and everything!! woooohooo
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2006, 08:55 AM
Wow that's great, well done!
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

05-11-2006, 10:21 AM
Well Done Sarah J, Hope you enjoy the Dinner Dance.
casimari
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-11-2006, 05:32 PM
Thats great Sarah J, bet you're well pleased. [enjoy]
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2006, 06:57 PM
We had another disaster.
The judge thought Deccy was wonderful and told me so, as he was judging the Group it would have been another chance to do well.........
Unfortunately, for some unknown reason, Deccy took instant and extreme fright to him and all but dug a hole in the ring to bury himself in. He trotted around the ring happily but as soon as he came close to the judge, it was "no way". There was absolutely no reason for it and it was very embarrassing. Deccy had been happy and relaxed before we went in, being petted by strangers and bouncing about as normal. Obviously the judge couldn't give him anything as he couldn't put his hands on him. This happened once back in June, but since then and until today he has been a model dog in the ring, relaxed and happy.
I am in despair. The judge did absolutely nothing wrong and couldn't have been kinder to him. He apologised to me for not being able to give him what his make, shape and movement should have merited, but he had nothing to apologise for - I was just mortified.

I wish I knew what the matter was.......
SarahJ
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-11-2006, 07:58 PM
How awful our meg started doing that depending on the judge, she never seemed to tolerate a slow, hesitant judge, thankfully the majority can go over a puppy quickly and efficiently.
Best of luck with him i had to start kneeling alongside her chatting away to her like a loony and as soon as the judge went over her shoulders i whacked a chunk of liver in her gob
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2