View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2012, 03:23 PM
In the park next to me, there where two poo bins in the main part of the park (there is a small part over the river but most people just pass through since its not a place you can walk 'round'). For some reason, they came and took one of the bins away...

That must have been almost two years ago, and then just last month, they appeared and put another TWO bins in. The council guy came to empty them, but claimed the bags were too heavy to carry to the gate... So, he just left them sitting. After about a week, the bags were eventually lifted. No one has been back to those bins since though, and both the new bins are overflowing... the old bin, that is next to the gate, has been emptied... so the council have obviously had people come round! They just couldn't be bothered to empty the other bins... My neighbour called to complain about it.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2012, 03:44 PM
We don't have poo bins around here either.

The council have said bag it and put it in the regular bins.

The reason, they all go to the same place and they can't keep up with replacing the ones thay used to put up.

None dog people were destroying them apparently especially ones near parks.

I saw a new one go up and it was totally smashed the next day.
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-04-2012, 06:34 PM
you know its funny,in some places i take my dogs,i will take them off the beaten track to let them have a ....,i dont bother picking it up,because theres no where to put it, i feel that im actually littering buy tossing it,where?if the county does not provide bins , i let them crap,please ,i do my part ,but i feel stuck in the poo sometimes!!!lol
wilmasmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-04-2012, 09:22 PM
I don,t see a problem with putting it in normal bins,as i was told that both normal and dog poo bins are both emptied in landfill sites.
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-04-2012, 11:33 PM
The lack of poo bins generally in certain favourite dog walking places is the reason I treated myself to a 'Dicky Bag' this week! It's my Anniversary Present to me...... ....... and yes I was excited about it!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2012, 07:56 AM
You don`t have to put dog poo in specified bins. Any bin will do but I would double-bag it.
Nikki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-04-2012, 08:40 AM
It's more annoying when there three poo bins and people still don't clean up after there dogs
Tibter
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-04-2012, 08:58 AM
It is fairly good around here. There are poo bins by the beach and in most towns. They even have dispensers with plastic sacks and still people do not pick up after their dogs.

Sometimes I don't pick up after my dog. If he goes in the undergrowth in the forest then I leave it. No one is going to walk there and it can join the wild animal poo. Plastic bags are not good for the environment.

I always pick up after him in towns or on the beach. How many of you have forgotten to empty your pockets and washed, clean, plastic bags?
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2012, 12:34 PM
We have this problem. Not to much near town and on the canal but they are far apart. I take my backpack on walks now and it has 2 compartments i end up putting it in there now as carrying one if phoebes giant poops isnt really nice
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2012, 12:38 PM
the worsed thing about poo is when its on a public town path and its been stepped in and smeered all down the street -.-

but people still fling poo bags in the bushes and leave them on side paths right near a poo bin!!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >