Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2006, 09:38 PM
totally yes!!

my first never had one as she just didn't take to it but my second never let go of it!!
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2006, 10:19 PM
My daughter did not have a dummy, her own choice, as she wouldn't have it in her mouth and I did try when she was in screech mode!! Her oldest daughter also never wanted a dummy but has a comfort 'fleece', the younger baby, now nearly 17 months loves her dummy. Incidentally,the use of dummy's has also been recently tied in with the prevention of SIDS (Cot death) and it would seem that dummy's are now to be recommended.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2006, 10:57 PM
Roxy .

Not such a bad thing then? I was thinking of letting her have it until she's old enough to reason with and talk to (that'd be about 18 then :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 .)

She's pretty good really - only has it for about an hour ... mind you this morning she was determined to stop me going out - everytime I gave it to her (she was yelling) she spat it out then yelled even louder - ARGHHGHGHGHGH!
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-08-2006, 11:04 PM
My oldest had one and I said never again It was a nightmare trying to get him off it. He was almost 3 before we got rid of it. By that time it was given at bed time and taken away when he was asleep.

My other two did not have one.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2006, 08:14 AM
NO NO NO NO NO NO and double NO.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2006, 08:25 AM
Originally Posted by DobieGirl
NO NO NO NO NO NO and double NO.

I would agree with that
I don't like them..

My friend had a baby 4 weeks before me and when I saw him at a few days he had this big ugly dummy in his mouth and all you could see was these tiny eyes peering over it..

He was a good baby too.. but the minute he started crying he had it "held" in his mouth until he started sucking it.. so to me she spent all the time trying to get him to take then we he got to 3 she spent a year trying to get it off him

Neither of mine had anything.. no dummy, or comfort fleece or anything.. (mayeb I have strange kids )
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2006, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13
I would agree with that
I don't like them..

My friend had a baby 4 weeks before me and when I saw him at a few days he had this big ugly dummy in his mouth and all you could see was these tiny eyes peering over it..

He was a good baby too.. but the minute he started crying he had it "held" in his mouth until he started sucking it.. so to me she spent all the time trying to get him to take then we he got to 3 she spent a year trying to get it off him

Neither of mine had anything.. no dummy, or comfort fleece or anything.. (mayeb I have strange kids )

Bit like the Simpsons baby .
I never had anything either. I do remember a friend of mine had a 'blanky' that she used to carry around with her and an ex's little girl used to suck on the thing that came out of La La's head (you know, the teletubby ).
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2006, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star

I never had anything either. I do remember a friend of mine had a 'blanky' that she used to carry around with her and an ex's little girl used to suck on the thing that came out of La La's head (you know, the teletubby ).
My daughters friend has a Henry hippo that she has to sleep with. She had it from a baby and she's now 15. She actually can't sleep without it (as I found out when she stayed here )

My eldest daughters friend still sucks her thumb when she's tired and she's 21
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2006, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star

My cousin had a thing for silk and would nick my aunties knickers, very embarassing when she would produce them from down her top or where ever she had hidden them, in the middle of a shop and start sucking them! (clean knickers I would add!!!)
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2006, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by Hannah
My cousin had a thing for silk and would nick my aunties knickers, very embarassing when she would produce them from down her top or where ever she had hidden them, in the middle of a shop and start sucking them! (clean knickers I would add!!!)
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >