View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2006, 04:23 PM
Best thing if he really doesn't know a lot about pc's is to take it to a local shop. Get them to quote him the price first, will probably save him a lot of headaches.
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

26-07-2006, 04:24 PM
its easy to fit, open side cover, undo one of the long plates that have a single scre on the side of the case, exposes a long thin in hole in back of case, the modem then slides into the slot in the motherboard so it lines up witht he hole in the case, the screw then affixes the modem in place and voila.

put case side back on and power up pc.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2006, 04:31 PM
The thing is if he's been using an external modem, there may not be a slot inside for an internal one
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2006, 04:31 PM
Thanks Ceiron, you've been a great help, nice clear instructions, just like I need when I have a problem!

Yes, you could be right there Jackie. I'm lucky I have a pc man (if you can ever get hold of him) who's a friend of Dave's, but he's so elusive nowadays with his new job.
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

26-07-2006, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by crazycockers
The thing is if he's been using an external modem, there may not be a slot inside for an internal one

actually its highly unlikely he wotn ahve a slot, unless his pc is small facto micro atx then which still has 1 - 2 pci slots his pc will have a spare slot.

unless its dell that is as they are utter poo

p.s. - fititng a network card, not a modem but the same principle - http://www.lancs.ac.uk/users/iss/net...k.html#netcard
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2