Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-11-2004, 10:30 AM
what happened to her I missed the end?
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2004, 10:34 AM
she had a make over and then was allowed free run of thegarden when the programme ended. they had to get of the sheep though first.God that english woman was one up herself bi**h
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2004, 11:42 AM
From what I saw of her Gems, I'd say she was a Malamute.

Wasn't she just Sal. If she spent more time on her husband and family as she did herslef, they'd get along great. Mind you, bigger fool her husband for allowing her to treat him like a doormat.

As for the Ozzy couple, 'Dingles' was the right name for them She was one lazy cow. She even went out in her PJ's coz she couldn't be bothered to get dressed. The bit that made me think was when one of the kids said at the end that the dogs hadn't gone outside for over a week. I don't even wanna think where they went to go to the loo and what about the ozzy hubbies idea of clearing up dog pee, get some kitchen roll and just wipe it up Ever heard of a mop, bucket, water and a good slug of disinfectant!!!
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2004, 11:42 AM
wasnt she sally! i hated her!
Dreamon
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-11-2004, 12:09 PM
Yep I saw wife swap, what a control freak the wife from Manchester was, totally selfish and self indulgent! yes she liked a clean home but she didn't clean it her hubby did whilst she was off at the gym or having her nails done!

The wife from Australia, I thought she was lovely........BUT! she was lazy, and there was no excuse for those dogs not being housetrained, she was home all day and could have taken the time to train them, what does she do all day, cos she doesn't clean?????????

And it amazed me that for a family that so obviously loved their house dogs that they could treat Chloe the way that they did, locked in a small dirty pen they were horrified when the small dogs were put in the pen so why treat Chloe like that? I'm glad that because of the show Chloe now has a better life
kirstie b
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-11-2004, 07:20 PM
I remembered to watch it this week and ended up shouting at the telly THAT woman throwing those little dogs about was awful!! I'd've booted her up the a*** too Mini
traybabe
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-11-2004, 05:33 AM
She treated those dogs with the same lack of respect she treated her husband.

I felt sorry for him - he should have left her years ago.

God, awful woman!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrr

T x
Whiz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-11-2004, 01:57 PM
To be totaly honest she had the childrens welfare at heart, so its unfair to label her a a bit of a nutter, i found her quite watchable, although i agree the way she treated the poor Jack Russels ie, chucking them about where she could have caused an injury was totaly uncalled for, she was concerned for the conditions the children were living in, a baby in arms living amongst dog poo is not healthy at all, note the baby was sick, is it any wonder when shes sat amonst dog poo in the playpen?
I thought it was discusting the conditions the children were living in, she was doing what was right for them, and putting the kids health first!
I always put my child before my dogs its only natural that any mother should, also if one of those children were to fall seriously ill and got taken to hospital ask yourself who would the Aussie lady blame, it wouldnt be herself thats for sure
girlsmum
Dogsey Junior

11-11-2004, 04:36 PM
Yes WhizGirl, putting your kids before your dogs is comepletly understandable (i'm not a parent, but I can imagine), but does that mean you have to fling dogs about? I totally agree that the Ausie family lived in squalid conditions that were not acceptable for children, but that was the fault of the parents...not the dogs.

p.s. I only used the words 'nut job' flipantly, but would perhaps use it again to describe such a self centered, self righteous, self obsessed bully of a woman.
Whiz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-11-2004, 06:22 PM
The health and safety of my daughter is paramount, and until any puppy/dog i own is properly housetrained i wouldnt let them in my living room, those are my rules, they are kept in the kitchen where any accidents they have can be cleaned up easily. I dont agree with the way she *flung* the dogs about, but being a mother i can see her point of view where the health of the children were concerned, especially the baby who was only around 6-8 months old. We have to rememeber that not everyone is an animal lover, not saying she intended to throw the dogs around, she just probably didnt know how to treat them. But there was great empathy and sympathy where the Malamute was concerned on her part, so she wasnt all bad
Her main concern was for those children, and for that we must respect her.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2