View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2006, 03:45 PM
had the inplant in last year. mine took quite a while to stop hurting but its fine now. o/h keeps telling people hes had me chipped to be obedient
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-05-2006, 04:20 PM
Sorry for buting in here, but I know a couple of lass's ( 18 - 22) who has had the implant done and they complain about weight gain, do you gain weight? or is a myth?

Ian
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2006, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by Hoggett
Sorry for buting in here, but I know a couple of lass's ( 18 - 22) who has had the implant done and they complain about weight gain, do you gain weight? or is a myth?

Ian
I gained a lot of weight on the injection, but the nurse told me this is a different type of stuff so this wouldn't affect my weight at all. It is now proven though that the injection does make you put on weight.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2006, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by Carternm31
I gained a lot of weight on the injection, but the nurse told me this is a different type of stuff so this wouldn't affect my weight at all. It is now proven though that the injection does make you put on weight.
I have been off the injection for about a year now and my middle is refusing to go away, I put weight on and it seems to have got stuck.

I haven't had the implant but know of a couple of people that have and they said it stops hurting after a couple of days.
sprocket
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-05-2006, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by Carternm31
For me this is very true bout 4 stone later!!!
nurse said dont be stupid if it was the jag you would have lost it when you came off it ...although i wasnt eating or doing anything different ..4 stone later and bout three yrs cant get rid of it used to be about a size 12 now an 18 and it wasnt worth it.
later on my doctor said the hormone present in that jag makes your body think your preg ie no periods tender breasts weight gain particularly round the middle area! but he said i should have lost a bit when came off it but havent should have just had a kid would have been easier lol
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-05-2006, 06:37 PM
I was asking because one of these ladies hasn't have put weight on, but as some of you have said it's only around her middle, and she looks as though she has a beer belly half the time, (although tight jeans don't help)

Ian
juli
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-05-2006, 08:37 PM
Had the implant put in in october, had massive bruise for about two weeks and really dull ache in my arm. It's still tender now if i knock it, and have three scars on my arm, one from implant and two from plaster they put over it!Unfortunately my implant is having to be removed soon because it gives me migraines that last for about five days, It's been a nightmare for me but i really hope yours works out for you.
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2006, 08:35 AM
i had mine out last year and they messed it up and i now get pains in my arm all the time they think i have internal damage! but i loved having it in i had no more cramps.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2006, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by Trish
I have been off the injection for about a year now and my middle is refusing to go away, I put weight on and it seems to have got stuck.
It can take up to two years for the injection to leave your system. There is hope for us yet. My sister was a size 16 for 2 years after her last Jab, then suddenly dropped to a 12?
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2006, 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by lillybet
i had mine out last year and they messed it up and i now get pains in my arm all the time they think i have internal damage! but i loved having it in i had no more cramps.
Ok you guys are scaring me now....
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >