Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-04-2006, 02:15 PM
Hi,

This Dyson is so so good, I daren't empty it in the daylight! I'm ashamed of what it picks up. I also have a old Dyson, I think it is the 04? I thought that was good, but this thing, I wouldn't dare use the turbo brush on the three peice, it'll skin it!

Blackie was out this morning so I thought I would hoover a bit, I had the front door open and I was going great, then suddenly there was a flash of black and white came in then turned around and flew out, it was Blackie, he can't stand it, it will probably get quieter once it gets some muck around the crevices etc. Anyway the lad who walks him says "I could hear that 4 houses away!"

Well it's one way to wake the neighbours up.

See you soon.

Ian
mustards mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-04-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by Joanne
We got most of our downstairs tiled last year and the amount of dog hairs that appear is unbelievable And my 2 dogs aren't particularly hairy breeds!!
We tiled too and my dobes hair gathers in clumps and blows across the floor like tumbleweed

Another problem is that my dobe ate the dyson I'm sure it was because it's brightly coloured and looked like one of his toys! he's not destroyed anything else!
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-04-2006, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by mustards mum
We tiled too and my dobes hair gathers in clumps and blows across the floor like tumbleweed

Another problem is that my dobe ate the dyson I'm sure it was because it's brightly coloured and looked like one of his toys! he's not destroyed anything else!
How can he eat a Dyson, Hoover maybe but not a Dyson, must have tasted good.

Ian
mustards mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-04-2006, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by Hoggett
How can he eat a Dyson, Hoover maybe but not a Dyson, must have tasted good.

Ian
He chewed on a few of the pipes but the main damage was to the electric cable which was shredded!!!! thank god it wasn't plugged in!
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-04-2006, 03:56 PM
We have a coal-burning stove, so dust is a-plenty! We use an Electrolux, which does a good job both with the dust and the collie-hair, but the dogs HATE it! However, a call of "Buzzy-buzzy!" sends them off to their beds!

Our previous Electrolux lasted 18 years, and is probably still fixable. My offer of a new Dyson was rejected because Mrs S had heard too many bad stories about them not lasting the time

Snorri
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2006, 04:21 PM
I was told that new Dyson wasn't rated highly by which?
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-04-2006, 04:25 PM
Hi Snorri,

The old one of mine has lasted about 10 years, What I like about the Dyson design is that all the passages that the muck travels through are accesible, there's no hidy places, also it pulls the dirt through the system rather than pushing it through. The only thing that has gone is the flexible tube, it has split, but it wouldn't cost too much to replace.

Ian
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2006, 05:59 PM
We switched from a Hoover to a dyson animal DC14 last year and have never looked back, the animals aren't that bothered about the noise, even the cats will sit in the room until it gets really close then they take off. As for the amount it pics up, yes it is unbelievable
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2006, 06:50 PM
We've had Dysons since they first came out.
The very first one my Mum bought is still in use!
She got a second one, which she gave me when I moved into my own house, and when I bought an animal Dyson, I gave it her back, and she still uses it!
franc1987
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-04-2006, 09:14 PM
We had the yellow dyson, which we still use in the garage. We did have the purple dyson animal but it packed up on us (probably repairable) and just before my nan died she gave us her green dyson,

like this but green- this is easily the best dyson we have had, it is sooooooo easy to hoover and it is brilliant at picking up- the only fault is the clip that holds the end on, fell off so we had to tape the end on!

I love dysons!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2