Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

26-10-2004, 10:44 PM
Aww *hugs* @ Whiz

Its a horrible thing. I can remb when my sisters first flat got robbed I was only a kid at the time and I started to cry cos I wondered what would have happened if she were there at the time

I think by reasonable force they mean to bascially remove them from the property, ie. not to do more than that. But in a real life situation it's tough and allsorts go thro your mind. If I were down my mums or sisters and someone broke in whilst I was there, things would go thro my mind like, what if I wasn't here and my sister and her kids would have been alone, how on earth could they defend themselves against these grown men? It would make me see RED!! I kindof guess thas how your OH felt Whiz.
Whiz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-10-2004, 11:05 PM
Dunno Eraze OH knows i can defend myself if need be, been involved in martial arts for years ( since i was 8 im now 30 ) think it was the fact that at the time he was found going around the house, he happened to be in our daughters bedroom. I slept though it i only woke to hear shouting, the baby screaming and one of our dogs going balistic.
Now OH is a really big bloke who wieghs in at around 22 stones, and i think he was just unlucky as it seemed to me he was made an example out of, he just saw red as our daughter was around 6-7 months old at the time and to find a strange man in her room, well its just not right is it? OH was not to know at the time he wasnt planning on hurting her.
But then again this was a man who we found out in court was heavily addicted to heroin, so on his "high" he could have been capable of anything, who knows....
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

26-10-2004, 11:19 PM
thas terrible
I think most people would have seen red in the same situation.

I'm glad you are a strong family and still 'solid' after such an ordeal.

Hey, maybe u can run a self defence class for us lot on Dogweb!
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2004, 11:29 PM
We got broke into 3 times when I was pregnant with our third daughter, hubby knew who did it, just couldn't prove it.......later that year that 'person' came knocking at the door, thinking we weren't in, his 'mate' was hiding in the woods about to climb on our shed roof ready to climb in our bathroom window.........well to cut a long story short I was at home, hubby was picking the kids up from school, I called him in a panic as I was at home, he came home grabbed this 'person' by the neck gave him a good hiding and we've not had any trouble since!!! We actually called the police, who in all fairness was on our side, he said as long as he didn't complain (which he was highly unlikely to) then not to worry about it, he would have done exactly the same in our situation.

BUT had he complained, hubby could of ended up in prison too!!!

I was in one hell of a state, worried about hubby getting into trouble, the two children we had at the time were terrified of going into the house and had nightmares for many months afterwards.............I then had our baby 9 weeks early - possibly all stress related!!

And we're the ones that get into trouble, well as they say 'the laws an ass!!'
Whiz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-10-2004, 11:41 PM
Hey Eraze thats a great idea ! I think its something everyone should learn especially in this day and age.

CC, my OH ended up in prison, missed out on so many things concerning our daughters life as she was only a "babe in arms" as they say.
But i know my OH has no regrets about what he did, only the way he reacted, i know if he had the chance to do it all differently he would. He was punished in so many ways, when it seemed to me other person got off scott-free.

*Sigh* anyways deciding to take a bow out of this debate as it is one that is very close to my heart.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2004, 07:52 AM
WG I think most men would do the same as your hubby ............
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2004, 08:20 AM
and a bloody pat on the back to him as well... :smt038
mand p
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2004, 09:52 AM
Whizgirl I second what Dreamon said, that your Hubby is an absolute hero in my eyes. My OH keeps a metal baseball bat by the side of his bed and has always said he would be prepared to use it to protect his family and home.

Did i hear on the news yesterday that a 70 something farmer escsaped jail after shooting an intruder on his farm???Good on him I say...little chavs should be locked up, and the law should be changed ...and fast!!!!
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2004, 11:15 AM
i think intruders should be treated more strictly, as it effects the family emotionally even if they dont get hurt.
When i was about 14, we had 3 attempted break-ins and i was too scared to sleep in my own room for a few months, i slept on the floor in my mums room and i slept with the light on until i met OH. I think intruders should get some sort of fine or prison sentence, like 6 months or sumin.
Sponge
Dogsey Veteran

27-10-2004, 12:21 PM
About 2 years ago whilst helping a friend change a tyre that was flat...a guy came up to my friend and I (I know now that he was stalking her at the time and it was him that has slashed the tyre).....he asked if he could help and i said no...he got really agressive and then took out a tyre iron and preceded to threaten to beat me withh it...well I am not small and certainly not going to back down to him.....so faced him up and called the police 999 whilst facing him up...the came in about 2 mins and caught him red handed and at the end of the day when it came to court.....they got posponed for report for 6 months and then court dropped procedings.as he was not a threat!........but if my hubby ever gets him he will get the kicking of his life and to be honest if I was there i was have a couple of kicks to!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >