View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2006, 03:15 PM
hers a pic for you bodhi shiloh showing you his peraly whites this is the results from eating bones the bones help as a decayer while dogs knores on bone it keeps the build of plaque reduced
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2006, 03:16 PM
Daisy has her teeth cleaned everyday with toothbrush and chicken flavour toothpaste. She is 10 years old now has never lost a tooth and has never had to have her teeth descaled
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2006, 03:16 PM
I clean my dogs teeth with Dentipet Malt Toothpaste Pump Action and a tooth Dental Scaler when needed a dogs teeth should be cleaned it is part of their grooming routine, I started mine as puppies so it never bothers them a dog should have clean and healthy teeth but this is just my opinion
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2006, 03:39 PM
Cheer guys

Bodhi is now 7 months and a proud owner of a full set of pearly whites - and I'd like her to keep them that way.

I have bought her a bone from the butchers before now.. She didn't do anything with it - no chewing.. A bit of licking and that was it!

She should be ok with having her teeth brushed, I will give it a go. And I will invest in some more marrow bones and hope she has the sense to knaw on them this time!!

zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2006, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by Bodhi
I have invested in a childs soft toothbrush and some very mild childs toothpaste.
Hello

Word of warning....do not use the childs toothpaste of human toothpaste of any kind...

Dogs can't spit the toothpaste out like we do and will swallow it as it gets frothy...

Your dog will most likely hate the taste of people tooth paste also and will struggle much more not to have their teeth cleaned...Get a good poultry flavour toothpaste that the dog will like the taste of and it will be much easier.
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2006, 05:18 PM
Cheers

We actually used powerded smokers toothpaste on our past family dog

Not sure how safe that was, but it had no detrimental effects on her!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2006, 05:35 PM
plaque off in food is great ......
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2006, 12:34 PM
well I know they used to use bicarb to brush dogs teeth with before the pet toothpastes, I tried that with Keena as a pup, she hated it and really struggled and was also sick after as she swallowed to much as it got quite frothy...the pet toothpastes don't froth up. I only use pet toothpaste now and the like the taste and just lay there letting me scrub away.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2