View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lyndella
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-04-2006, 09:32 AM
I too think see the behavorist......when I finally caught up with crystal after the sheep killing, she knew I was annoyed and gave her the silent treatment straight away...yes she was attached to ashly but she sees him regulary...thing is ashly has his own dogs now and she cant get a look in...it was he that gave me the puppy....straight from the start the puppy attacked crystal when she got near me,she got really fed up with her....the night the puppy went; crystal slept on my bed and sat next to me on the sofa, she never does this, so she was pleased...but she is now back to being miserable.....thanks for helping me, I had a bad crying night last night...I wondered if it is me that has made her like this, I live on my own and walk on my own, very rarely go out and am in the middle of the moors....I do this through choice and wonder if she is behaving like me....I just had to have a laugh at that.....Im not depressed , I am happy but live quietly.......
lyndella
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-04-2006, 09:51 AM
oh my god.....yes, it overcomes the excitment.......no blood when her seasons are due either.......ok, quick sharp to the vets......poor crystal, god Im useless.....but she looks so healthy and everyone says the same.....except her unhappiness....ok, well thank you shadow boxer and minihaha.....I will act on this with more urgancy......
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-04-2006, 09:53 AM
As well as the vets ASAP it sounds to me as if you need to boost her confidence so that means praise whenever you can...

To give you an opportunity to praise her, use training and NILIF in particular..
..but she must be well in order to do this and she needs to be eating to accept treats..

http://k9deb.com/nilif.htm
lyndella
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-04-2006, 09:56 AM
ok...I will do everything to get her right.......thank you, I wish I could be on this site more but I am at work and am using my bosses computer, I am not on line at home......just quick visits every few days...
Thorn+BenjysMum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-04-2006, 12:01 PM
one worrying thing I have noticed; i havent seen any blood on her seasons for about a yr....she gets bad fantom pregnancy, but this lasts only for one week
My Mum and Dad's dog Sophie got really depressed - she was spayed though - and it turned out to be hormonal. The vet put her on a sort of Hormone Replacement Therapy for dogs and she soon got back to her old self. Maybe it's to do with hormones, what with the phantom pregnancies? I hope she gets back to normal soon. x x
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2006, 12:52 PM
hows everything going, what did the vet say?
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2006, 10:14 PM
I agree, it may well be to do with hormones given her history. It's also worth checking out for hypothyroid
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2006, 05:55 AM
Any news Lyn? Hope things are looking up and you at least have an idea what the next step should be
lyndella
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-04-2006, 09:45 AM
I gave the puppy up this time last week and it was only two days ago crystal started eating...her behaviour is alot better but she is still crying over her toys and is only happy when someone comes or we go for a walk.....one vet told me that if you get your dog spayed when she is having a phantom pregnancy then she will be depressed all the time. wonder if thats what happened to your dog?....I have to wait for her to be happy to get her done, as I never see the blood....dogs eh...
lyndella
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-04-2006, 09:49 AM
Everybody says shes alot better, and eatings good, still has to be chicken and not slush, but it has been better....going to vets this tuesday coming...even this morning when I went over the toll on the bridge the woman noticed her head down......I reckon crystal maybe over spoilt and gave a big protest to the manic puppy
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >