Female 

17-03-2006, 11:25 PM
Its absolutely awfull Those poor horses, I detest horse racing
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2006, 12:26 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn
I think you may of misunderstood, it is 8/9 deaths over the four days, should be no deaths of course, but it certainly isnt 9 today.
Dawn.
sorry to say but whether or not it is 9 deaths over 4 days or 9 in one day... ffs!...it's still 9 deaths...

This is ridiculous.

Because it's animals that's ok...

If that many people died taking part in a single sporting event those events would come under harsh scrutiny...

Why is it ok for 9 horses to die in this event and those similar.

Oh I remember because it is a massive money making industry duh!

GRRRR!

(This needs to be moved to heated debates or similar)
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2006, 07:29 AM
Originally Posted by myschievous
sorry to say but whether or not it is 9 deaths over 4 days or 9 in one day... ffs!...it's still 9 deaths...

This is ridiculous.

Because it's animals that's ok...

If that many people died taking part in a single sporting event those events would come under harsh scrutiny...

Why is it ok for 9 horses to die in this event and those similar.

Oh I remember because it is a massive money making industry duh!

GRRRR!

(This needs to be moved to heated debates or similar)
Mys - I totally agree - *gets on soap box* - I hate horseracing - the worst for fatalaties has to be the National. Everyone has a bet on it at work - they organise a sweepstake and everthing - I hate this and they know better than to come near me with it. Like you say, it's animals suffering and dying, so it doesn't matter.
sez
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-03-2006, 09:26 AM
Always thought Ex Race Horses were just sold on to Good Homes. I have always said I dont have a problem with Horse racing(Earlier post),but after looking on the Net some of it is quite horrific.[/QUOTE]

auctions are full of exracers,if they are lucky a private buyer bbuys them,sadly this doesnt happen often,the meat men or middle men for meat men,i wont call them knacker men anymore,they buy young and old alike,i detest racing,horses or dogs,but i dont condem those that enjoy it or try to push my views on them,its a free country each to thier own,i have seen the ex racers bought a few,even bought one off the back of a meat wagon,long time ago now.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2006, 09:58 AM
Hi Mys.
I did say it should be NO deaths! but the OP made an incorrect statement that 9 were killed yesterday and they were not. False propoganda wont help, I was just pointing out the facts.
Dawn.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2006, 10:28 AM
Hi Mys.
I did say it should be NO deaths! but the OP made an incorrect statement that 9 were killed yesterday and they were not. False propoganda wont help, I was just pointing out the facts.
Dawn.
Thanks Dawn I know

I agree...But 1 day / 4 days doesn't make much difference to me.
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2006, 04:46 PM
Hi Mys.
Dawn.

Sorry it was over 4 Days(Blame ITV) False Propganda where!!!.

The Jockey Club is launching a review of safety procedures at the Cheltenham Festival after nine racehorses died during the four-day programme.
Two animals died in the first two days,six horses died as a result of falls on Thursday and another fatality in Friday's final race marred National Hunt racing's showpiece event. This is very sad
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2006, 09:10 PM
The Jockey Club is launching a review of safety procedures at the Cheltenham Festival after nine racehorses died during the four-day programme.
Take OUT the amateur race and that figure is a third less already! It is very sad that this has happened, lets hoep they can improve things in some way.
Dawn.
cumbriandoglover
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-03-2006, 09:48 PM
what everyone seems to overlook is that many horses are killed or die as a result from an accident every day. I have had a horse drop dead from under me whilst hacking. Likewise we lost a horse last year at a simple one day event because he landed badly & broke his leg. its just a fact that horses being ridden will have accidents & sometimes they are beyond repair & will die & those of us involved with horses try to minimse it, however its ridiculous to point a finger at racing as there are no greater percentages of fatalities there thanin any other equestrian activity.....unless of course you want to see all horse riding banned?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2006, 09:53 PM
And of course, those cast in boxes or stables, those purposely injured in their fields, those that brake legs in the field and are left an awful long time before being seen etc.. Thats the one thing about racing, at least the horses are attended to immediately.
Dawn.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >