Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2006, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by posh paws 77
hi, i too have just bought a bichon puppy, i picked her up on friday she was 7 weeks old yesterday, she has been fine, i use training pads in her crate she goes in there for her toileting we have only had one accident since she got here shes doing very well. i will take her out to toilet when shes had her vaccs, she sleeps in her cage all night with only half an hour of crying each night we leave the light off and ignore the crying, she sleeps in her crate in the room overnight the kitchens too cold
di x

Yes ours did that too he has 'graduated' to my daughters bed now
The Real Wooff
New Member!
Female 

07-03-2006, 03:39 PM
Harvey was maybe a little better last night, My husband and I used cotton wool in our ears to help us sleep! I have put radio on and left an item of clothing from my daughter as she spends alot of time with him. I think its a waiting game - unfortunately!
The Real Wooff
New Member!
Female 

07-03-2006, 03:47 PM
Your puppy looks as cute as mine! What do you do on a night, I put Harvey in his pen which is attached to the crate and I leave a puppy pad in the crate. However most mornings I find that he has pooed and weed alot on his pad but been stressed and paddled the poo everywhere so I have lots of cleaning up and also washing the dogs paws. I take him out in the garden and he generally goes outside now apart from when he's in his pen. I do put him in his pen a few times a day but he's not keen and barks to be let out. I only get him out when he's quiet and put a kong in with him to keep him amused. Does your dog sleep in your bedroom and do you take her out to the toliet during the night?
The Real Wooff
New Member!
Female 

07-03-2006, 03:58 PM
Thanks for your advice, I tend to put Harvey in his pen for half an hour and if he barks I just ignore him. I wait till about half an hour and only get him out when he's been quiet for a couple of mins. I put a Kong in with him and try to make sure that he's tired so that he'll sleep. I tried leaving him for an hour the other day and when I came back he'd messed all over his puppy pad and trampled it! He just wants to be close to someone all the time and follows all the family around the house. Last night was a little better but that could have been due to the fact that my husband and I had cotton wool in our ears!
The Real Wooff
New Member!
Female 

07-03-2006, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the advice, I can't bring Harvey in the bedroom as he makes my husband sneeze and sometimes wheeze, its because of his puppy coat I think. Hopefully he will just get used to being left eventually.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2