Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
franc1987
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-02-2006, 09:06 PM
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
windows wont let me download anything- says there is an error- and shows up a white cross with a red background........ grrr
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-03-2006, 07:40 AM
Originally Posted by franc1987
i only have service back 1.a so do i need to remaster (as in go back to factory settings) again and put service pack 2 on? How do i get service pack 2 without connecting to the internet? !
You can get a CD with SP2 on it from Microsoft go to this page to order it or if you PM me your landline addy then i'll makje a copy of the one i got and send on to you it'll be faster than waiting for Microsoft between 4 - 6 weeks. Even tho the CD is free they say that a shipping and handling charge will be assessed on your order (They don't state how much). Or download it and save it and burn it to CD if you haven't got a partion to save it behind.
Originally Posted by franc1987
I also keep getting this message from my antivirus: "avast!:connection timeout Internet connection time out elapsed continue waiting? (sdkhj.exe - >
It seems that your anti virus is having a hard time of it as well thats saying it can not connect up to the avast server for some reason.
franc1987
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-03-2006, 09:24 PM
Hi guys,

sorry i havent replied, i have been ill over the weekend but would just like to thank you all for replying and helping me.

Fingers crossed my PC is now well and truly recovered. My friend lent me a copy of Service Pack 2 which i installed, along with his advice to install spybot, avast, adaware and netveda. And i also switched to FireFox instead of Internet Explorer. So far so good cos i have had 0 viruses and been connected since 6pm and i have had about 2 pop ups since 6pm too. Makes a change from the 20 viruses an hour and 600 pop ups a night

Thanks again for your help, my computer is healthy again
Love Frances x
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2