If you are close to Cardiff you could give the Heath a ring
Thanks Rob we are about 10 mins from Cardiff
Sal
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2006, 12:48 PM
HI

I will firstly say, it took me a lot of time to even open this post...

I'm terrified of dentists.. And I havent been to one in over 3 years. When I go near the clinic, I start shaking and my breathing goes all nutty on me.. I have to make breathing exercises.. like a woman in labour.. So you are not being silly or hysterical..

Well it so happened I got a toothache 1½ week ago, and had to go.. I got an appointment with my mum's dentist.. I have been with her once before (16 years ago).. And she remembered me.. and my fears...

It turns out I have to have 2 teeth pulled out and have the rootcanals done in 2 others.. As she knows how terrified I am, she found a surgeon who will do it all, while I'm under.. And I went to a check-up with him thursday and he was sooo nice and calming.

He did find 2 holes though But he is no w making a priceoffer for me.. so that's what I'm waiting for.. Its going to be expensive, but I'm willing to pay for it.. And when this is done, I can hopefully start on a fresh..

Oh and my doctor wouldnt give me anything for the toothache other than the ibuprofene I already take for me knees..

I hope you can overcome your fears and get it done..
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2006, 12:52 PM
Thank you all so much,Glad I'm not the only one,I think i must be a real big baby
My son who's 9 has had to major cleft repair's done,mouthful of stiches and was up and driving everybody nuts 2 hours after his op,and here's me terrified to go to the dentist
Sal
Radar Ears
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-02-2006, 01:01 PM
Hi All,

I must be one of the really odd people, who don't mind going to the dentist !! and now I'll make you all shiver, I first went when I was three and because my mum never had injections for fillings, us three girls never did, we just used to put up with the bit of pain !

I'm lucky really, I think that I've got a high pain threshold, because I've had even had "root canal treatment" and I asked the dentist if she (yes it was a woman) if she'd be prepared to do it without me having an injection, because I don't like them, she said she would and she did, I had to go three weeks on the trot and it did hurt, but I used to think something like "this time tomorrow I'll be doing such and such" and the time seemed to go quicker.

I'd much rather put up with the pain than have needles, although having said that, I've given blood since I was 18 and I don't mind those needles, it's just in the mouth that I don't like them !!!!!!!
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2006, 03:04 PM
i had a heart procedure and didnt bat an eyelid but the dentist fills me with the horrors rather have a baby that a filling
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2006, 03:42 PM
need major dental work but soooooo scared of dentists as my mum used to be when she took me as a kid. have finally plucked up courage to take kids and both of them have had major work done - not all my fault for not taking them regularly - so one of these days i will surprise myself and get it sorted.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2006, 05:19 PM
I don't like it but 'grin and bear it' so to speak .

A friend of mine has panic attacks when she sees them and she swears by clinical hypnosis.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2