View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2006, 04:24 PM
So sorry Kimberley, happened to one of the lads at work and they now can't afford a childminder so his wife will have to pack in work. It's ridiculous
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2006, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by nemosmummy
jackie we do not have a local tax office anymore and i have called them and explained everything, will just have to see what they say, they are sending me out some kind of form so i can appeal against it and also trying to get me some relief money until i can budget for the loss

it has just really peed me off, i have done nothing wrong and do not need this right now
Do you have a local CAB if not phone them they will offer general advice over the phone.
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2006, 10:17 PM
The same thing happened to me last year. Had mine stopped until June '06. This all came about by my daughter leaving college and it screwed everything up for a year. The're mistake, but they wont own up to it.

I've a good ming to send mine to the PM when its reinstated, he gets all the perks so he can have my measley bit and shove it where the sun dont shine
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2006, 11:39 PM
Aww poor you I hope they manage to sort it for you a.s.a.p

Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-02-2006, 08:37 AM
Oh Im so sorry to hear you have got this terrible news. Tax credits are a nightmare.

In February 2005, CSA starting taking £66. a week out of my OH wages, I rang them up at least 20 times asking why, as we hadnt split up, and where was this money going. I swear it took until September when I lodged an official complaint involving my local MP did they even acknowlege they had made a mistake, then it took until December for them to actually stop taking this money, and last week they acknowleged they still owe US £1100 and this will be on its way to us in 2 weeks. It worries me that these departments dont know their **** from their elbows. In any private sector business if it took that long to sort out a problem then the company would have gone bust. I seriously think the people who work in these departments are given a manual to work their computers, and if anything happens that is out of the ordinary then they are flummoxed.
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2006, 08:46 AM
Originally Posted by Roxy
Oh Im so sorry to hear you have got this terrible news. Tax credits are a nightmare.

In February 2005, CSA starting taking £66. a week out of my OH wages, I rang them up at least 20 times asking why, as we hadnt split up, and where was this money going. I swear it took until September when I lodged an official complaint involving my local MP did they even acknowlege they had made a mistake, then it took until December for them to actually stop taking this money, and last week they acknowleged they still owe US £1100 and this will be on its way to us in 2 weeks. It worries me that these departments dont know their **** from their elbows. In any private sector business if it took that long to sort out a problem then the company would have gone bust. I seriously think the people who work in these departments are given a manual to work their computers, and if anything happens that is out of the ordinary then they are flummoxed.
im so sorry you have had to deal with this countries incompetance(sp) also hun
me and my OH clearly remember putting £18,000 and something on the form, cant remember the exact amount but i copied it straight from his P60, and they claim they only had an income of £15,000 and something!!!
WELL HOW?? like i said his wages have been the same for 2 years now
even though they are going to try and sort something out, god knows how long it will take and at the end of the day its still us who have ended up suffering, and from what ive heard this happens to lots of people just like me as the inland rev cannot do their job properly

to say we are going to struggle these next few weeks is an understatement, no one is going to get paid that isnt direct debit and as a result we will incurr late charges, im so angry its unreal these people should realise its peoples livlehoods they are messing with
the week im really dreading is the week the mortgage comes out we gunna be real screwed when that happens
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-02-2006, 09:06 AM
Well if thats what they are saying then they owe you money, cuz if you put £18,000 down and they say they have it down as £15,000 then they should pay MORE not less Child tax credit. Seriously they dont know what they are doing.

Iv just had a phone call from the CSA about the refund of £1100 and they say they sent us a cheque last week, but this is the best bit, they sent it to our old address, where we havent lived for 3 years. GIVE ME STRENGTH!
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2006, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by Roxy
Well if thats what they are saying then they owe you money, cuz if you put £18,000 down and they say they have it down as £15,000 then they should pay MORE not less Child tax credit. Seriously they dont know what they are doing.

Iv just had a phone call from the CSA about the refund of £1100 and they say they sent us a cheque last week, but this is the best bit, they sent it to our old address, where we havent lived for 3 years. GIVE ME STRENGTH!
my god are they that stupid!! sent to an address you havent lived at for 3 years, they really do take the michael!!

yes they claim to have overpaid us £175 for the year 2003/2004 and £546 for the tax year 2004/2005
but it has taken them over a year to realise and to do anything about it!!
bunch of imbociles the lot of them,, i have just done a budget for the next 2 months and we have roughly £80 a week
that has to get weekly shopping, petrol, nappies, anything clothes wise the kids need and also pay the bills that are not paid by direct debit
somehow i cant see it working very well
oh and in the middle of all that im due to have another baby and OH will have to pay petrol and parking costs over at the hospital
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2006, 09:19 AM
go to the local paper that normally gets them moving.. we just a small amount a month and when BP sold us out my new employer refused to pay it ..its taken sunce last september to get it paid into the bank ..now mine is a tenner a week but some of the girls that i work with its a lot more and they found xmas really hard ..bet the tax office had turkey ?
sambo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-02-2006, 05:36 PM
This has happened to about 5 people i know but the one ill tell you about is my mate marie to cut a long story short she was also told they were stopping her payments and that she had been overpaid and that she then owed them so she had to go out and get a full time job and rely on friends and family to help out with kids she then sent all hers and oh's wage slips in to them and had arranged a repayment with them she was then sent 2 cheques from them for a few hundred pounds and couldnt understand why as she was told that she owed them and there were now 2 incomes coming in and thought she wasnt entitled to anything anyway after numerous phone calls the person on the phone told her they had got her oh down as working but his wages were nil lol how stupid is that she thought so she then sent them back in with his obvious wages on there i mean who works 40hrs a week for no pay they still continued to pay her so she thought sod it as she had made numerous phone calls and sent in all the necessary paperwork so it was there fault now, 3 weeks later though she recieved a letter asking for an overpayment of 3,000 and that they wanted it now. I really hope that this doesnt happen to you as from all my friends experiences its not been good news like others have said go visit CAB they are briliant at helping out.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >