View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
micki
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-02-2006, 08:51 AM
all dogs in shelters watch people pass by hoping they will get a home. i agree it is sad wot happens to many greyhounds that are injuried,but not all are pts.my dog is living proof of that,breakin his ankle in a race but still gettin treatment and re-homed.they do make wonderful pets but they also love running.they love the race,just look at any greyhound gettin ready and what u see is a athlete at the top of his game.
Do people feel the same way about horse racing or other horse sports? id hate to see greyhound racing stopped because thats taking something away from the dog but i would always welcome more re-homing schemes.
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2006, 09:21 AM
lol, after N.I's, greyhounds are my favourite dogs, i used to own several, unfortunately 2 were stolen from my garden, and as there is a big traveller population where i live, we went straight round to the camp but one family had pulled off that day with, surprise surprise, acouple of greyhounds. we never did find them and i was heartbroken as i know that they were stolen for coursing and if they had proved to be not up to scratch, they would have been dumped or shot, the RSPCA and the police were no help what so ever, it was like they had vanished off the face of the earth. on a lighter note, my daughter has an ex racing greyhound and she is the laziest dog ever and is totally food motivated, but her temperament is second to none especially with her 2 boys aged 3 and 4.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

13-02-2006, 09:49 AM
I have a retired greyhound
micki
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-02-2006, 12:53 PM
Thats so sad to hear of ur dogs bein stolen, im not surprised at the RSPCA being useless,as a whole they are.. i have a NI too but theres something in my greyhounds personality that is so special..
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2006, 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by micki
Thats so sad to hear of ur dogs bein stolen, im not surprised at the RSPCA being useless,as a whole they are.. i have a NI too but theres something in my greyhounds personality that is so special..
Yes there is Mick, a truely graceful, loyal dog and when you look in their eyes they look at you with pure love & loyalty. Priceless!!
micki
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-02-2006, 05:32 PM
i couldnt have put it better myself luz.
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 12:27 PM
I had a retired greyhound, Jeremy. He came to me when he was 3 and I sadly lost him to cancer last year Wonderful breed and so loving!
micki
Dogsey Junior
Male 

14-02-2006, 12:34 PM
Sorry to hear that Minky, so how long did u have Jeremy for? ive got to admit that out of all the dogs ive had and still have my Greyhound is the most loving.
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by micki
Sorry to hear that Minky, so how long did u have Jeremy for? ive got to admit that out of all the dogs ive had and still have my Greyhound is the most loving.
Thanks micki. He was 10. Fit as a fiddle all the way through. Sadly he had tongue cancer so it was rather quick and painful for the big man. Broke my heart If it hadn't been for the cancer, I reckon he'd have had a good few years left in him. Very intelligent dogs too. I had a lurcher too who was his companion for all of his days and I lost her too just a couple of months ago.
micki
Dogsey Junior
Male 

14-02-2006, 12:43 PM
thats heartbreaking.. have u any dogs now?
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >