View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2006, 12:20 PM
Oooh, i meant by active, that he's not just sitting in his bed looking depressed He's not running or jumping. The vet told us to keep him as calm as possible and stick to lead walks for a week, which Riley seems fine with I did just have a good look and the stitches dont seem to have pulled or anything, the skin between just looks very swollen and sore And he was actually shaved for the op - but not as much as i would have thought he'd been! Poor boy!
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2006, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by Jessica
Oooh, i meant by active, that he's not just sitting in his bed looking depressed He's not running or jumping. The vet told us to keep him as calm as possible and stick to lead walks for a week, which Riley seems fine with I did just have a good look and the stitches dont seem to have pulled or anything, the skin between just looks very swollen and sore And he was actually shaved for the op - but not as much as i would have thought he'd been! Poor boy!
Think then that there is nothing to worry about, just keep an eye and if it does not get very angry looking around the stitches or they start to pull through the skin I would not think there is a problem, it is early days yet and it will look sore until after the stiches are out, then you will notice a big improvement within days. The trouble is it sounds a minor op, which compared to bitches it is, but it is still an operation requiring aesthetic and intrusion into the body tissues.

My boy was done about 3 weeks ago and in now nearly back to normal, minus lumpy bits of course
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2006, 06:45 PM
Ohh looks sore, poor Riley

Does look a bit swollen and infected, don't worry I am sure if you go back to the vets they will help sort it out.
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2006, 08:13 PM
poor little thing hope he gets better soon
ste.n.steph
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-01-2006, 08:23 PM
awwww poor riley, if you are worried go back to the vets but to a different one other than the one that did it.
We had this with draiman, and i go to a different vet and wont let that one do the op cos he is good with the ops but rushes the stitching too much and doesnt do it right.

Hope he gets better.

Steph
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2