27-12-2005, 08:18 PM
And a pretty one Thank you Breeze for helping me

Thank you very very much Dawn

I've never met a speyed dog..
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2005, 08:18 PM
Hi Jeanette. Tia was speyed before she saw a season at all. She isn't aggressive at all, towards any other dog, she isn't tolerant of 'advances' from male dogs though and any rear end sniffing is met with a serious warning. Pippin, as an entire male, is still 'interested' at certain times and this is when he is nipped when he crosses the line so to speak.

She is 8 now and still has a neat tummy, not droopy at all
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2005, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by Ashlady
Hi Jeanette. Tia was speyed before she saw a season at all. She isn't aggressive at all, towards any other dog, she isn't tolerant of 'advances' from male dogs though and any rear end sniffing is met with a serious warning. Pippin, as an entire male, is still 'interested' at certain times and this is when he is nipped when he crosses the line so to speak.

She is 8 now and still has a neat tummy, not droopy at all
Hey H

that's what Luna does aswell... Good thank you

Its the weirdest questions you can think of sometimes
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2005, 08:24 PM
No probs mate. It is worth getting the answers to all the 'daft' questions so it will help you perhaps see what to expect, although I've never had an entire bitch so I wouldn't have any comparison for you
Abbey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-12-2005, 08:31 PM
We have 6 dogs, 3 out of the 5 bitches are spayed and 2 are entire, we also have one neutered, male. There is no change in their behavior, they never pick fights within the 'pack' or outside, none of them are overweight and have had no incontinence or related problems.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-12-2005, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by Jenny
'It is thought that spaying removes progesterone, a calming hormone, which accounts for higher incidents of aggression among spayed as opposed to intact females'
This can be true in the cases of bitches that have shown aggressive tendencies prior to spaying. If Luna has shown no aggression before it is highly unlikely that spaying with cause any change in behaviour.

I am pleased that you have decided to have her spayed Jeanette Both she and you will be a lot happier not having to deal with the distress of false pregnancies
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2005, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by Shadowboxer
This can be true in the cases of bitches that have shown aggressive tendencies prior to spaying. If Luna has shown no aggression before it is highly unlikely that spaying with cause any change in behaviour.

I am pleased that you have decided to have her spayed Jeanette Both she and you will be a lot happier not having to deal with the distress of false pregnancies
Thank you SB

No Luna has never shown any hints of aggression.. So this relieves me greatly

Yes now its "just" a matter of finding the money... That could prove very hard.. I really want it done now.. but that may not be possible...

Im so happy with all the support I'm getting here.. My mum thinks its nonsens, so isnt very supportive.. Thankfully I have some good friends..
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2005, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by Abbey
We have 6 dogs, 3 out of the 5 bitches are spayed and 2 are entire, we also have one neutered, male. There is no change in their behavior, they never pick fights within the 'pack' or outside, none of them are overweight and have had no incontinence or related problems.
Incontinence.. yes I had forgotten about that one...

Thank you very much
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »