Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-12-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by bellaluna
No he wont do it that way.. I can have it pushed a month, but that's about it.

Yeah I had more or less made up my mind about going to the vet's, so your posts made me realise, that I should go...

I weighed her.. And I think a certain young lady is going on a wee diet... 29.75 kg.... Now most of it are muscles.. her body is changing after being switched over on raw, so we are talking about 1.2 kg she needs to lose.. Not too much..
Hi Jeanette oh dear..not what you wanted to hear I know ... I would try to get a bit of weight off Luna if you can, I wish I could help with suggestions about the cash ((hugs for J and Luna ))
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2005, 03:30 PM
Well to be honest, I've been thinking about the speying and had almost reached a decision.. And the same one, which has been made now.. Just needed to start saving....

Yeah we are gonna spend the next months on getting her weight down.. Nice and slowly... So she'll be fit for surgery in june

Thank you mini... But if I wait till june, I'll have the money (and more than I need)
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

28-12-2005, 07:58 AM
Sorry about the diagnosis B/L & your financial prob but I`m glad its that cos was thinking pyo

I`m sure you`ll save hard, good luck
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2005, 08:53 AM
Thank you Christine..

Well my vet doesnt seem alarmed.. So I'm trying to calm down..

She's still not eating though..

Silly dog.. Ate her dinner last night, so she's not completely given up on food..

I had her weighed yesterday... 29,7 kg I would say she could loose 1 or 2 kg, but the rest is muscles..

That's since the switch over to raw.. Amazing

I just called my vet.. He doesnt do instalments.. The vetschool doesnt start up till february... I just called a second vet, who I trust more than the first.. They will do instalments over 4 months, so Yippeeeeeee

I'm calling in an hour to get an appointment

Fingers crossed
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

28-12-2005, 09:04 AM
Oh thats great news B/L

She ate last night didn`t she, so stop worrying, I don`t think she`ll starve herself too much Her weight doesn`t sound too heavy to me, but then it depends on her overhaul body/bone size, also I think muscle is heavier than fat

Hope you get appt with new vet
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2005, 09:09 AM
Thank you Christine

I'm not too worried about the not eating, I'm used to it now.. She's been like this after all 3 seasons...

Yeah and she still has a waist, a small one, but its there

Oooh I wish this hour, would fly by....

Should I be taking time of work to stay home with her? That might be a problem....
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

28-12-2005, 09:23 AM
*Should I be taking time of work to stay home with her? That might be a problem....*

I would at least for a couple of days, it is a big op. How about she gets done on a Friday then you`ll have the w/end with her? Probably pick her up Friday night, w/end with her & maybe only have to take Monday off, but she`ll more likely be fine by then?
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2005, 09:30 AM
Yeah I was thinking something like that myself That' should be doable..

Thanks
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2005, 09:34 AM
Left alone she will rest but you will have to watch she leaves the stitches alone.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2005, 09:43 AM
Yeah the stitches... I might have to get her one of them fancy collars...

Keep her in the hall for a few days perhaps, when I go to work, so she doesnt jump up on the sofa... She sleeps on the sofa when I'm not home
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >