Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-10-2005, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by crazycockers
But you don't need two different browsers do you, I can open Internet Explorer lots of times and have IE windows open more than twice if need be
no you can open up to 64 windows something like that if you want to depending on how much memory you have
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2005, 03:30 PM
Have sorted it! Am doing it Mini's way. The 1st bar where you can store pages as tabs! Sorry if I dont make any sense, you will get used to it!
People are always saying they wish they could join me in my little world!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-10-2005, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by Miss Potter
Have sorted it! Am doing it Mini's way. The 1st bar where you can store pages as tabs! Sorry if I dont make any sense, you will get used to it!
People are always saying they wish they could join me in my little world!
Miss Potter I know what you mean, and I know what I mean when no one else does so perhaps we come from the same little world!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-10-2005, 04:00 PM
The term that your refering to is tab browseing having multiple windows open searching for differant things. Good if your using more than one search engine at a time.

As long as you got it sorted Miss Potter that's all that matters
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2005, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by leo
The term that your refering to is tab browseing having multiple windows open searching for differant things. Good if your using more than one search engine at a time.

As long as you got it sorted Miss Potter that's all that matters
Yes, sorry am not at all up on computer lingo! I can muddle through most of the time though!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2005, 04:08 PM
I am having exactly the same trouble now when using P.B. I used to just minimize DW to pick up the photo, then minimize P.B. to put it onDW, but lately, say the last month, I am getting the same as you! Instead of it minimising like it should when clicking on the _ it actually closes it! Luckily it doesn't log you out, so you can pick it up again (I have it on my toolbar on the top with AOL and the same with PB), but it never used to do this, so NO, you're not going mad Miss P, I get the same, although I always used to be able to do it that way, just by minimising.
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2005, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54
I am having exactly the same trouble now when using P.B. I used to just minimize DW to pick up the photo, then minimize P.B. to put it onDW, but lately, say the last month, I am getting the same as you! Instead of it minimising like it should when clicking on the _ it actually closes it! Luckily it doesn't log you out, so you can pick it up again (I have it on my toolbar on the top with AOL and the same with PB), but it never used to do this, so NO, you're not going mad Miss P, I get the same, although I always used to be able to do it that way, just by minimising.
Good, I am glad it is not just me being computer thick! I have it sorted now using the IE bar at the top.
Hope you get yours sorted!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2005, 07:01 PM
That's exactly what I do, use the tool bar at the top to keep DW and PB now because they just won't minimize together at the bottom for me now, if you know what I mean.
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2005, 07:39 PM
Yes I know exactly what you mean!!
I never used to have that problem though, but am sorted now!
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-10-2005, 07:44 PM
Have you tried repairing Internet Explorer ?

To repair by scanning for missing or corrupted files
  • From the Start menu, select Run... .
  • In the "Open:" field, enter sfc /scannow

Note: There is a space between sfc and /scannow.
  • Click OK.
  • You will be prompted to provide the Windows CD. Put your CD in the proper drive and follow the prompts.
  • Reboot the computer when System File Checker completes.

To repair by reinstalling Internet Explorer
  • From the Start menu, select Search. If you're using the Windows XP Classic Start menu, then select For Files or Folders... .
  • Click All files and folders. Select More Advanced Options and click to place a checkmark beside Search hidden files and folders.
  • Ensure that Search system folders and Search subfolders are also checked.
  • In the "All or part of the file name:" field, enter ie.inf .
  • In the "Look in:" drop-down menu, select C: or the letter of the hard drive that contains the Windows folder. Then click the Search button.
  • In the search results pane, right-click the ie.inf file located in the Windows\Inf folder and select Install.
  • Reboot the computer when the file copy process is complete.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >