Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2017, 12:19 PM
lol....how are your horse riding skills Brenda
afternoon Lynn, i was awake early hours again...seems the way of me lately, i don't have dark rings so must be o.k, i have just been nipping mine down to the brook for a toilet break outside the garden as it is just too hot and don't want to put them through it...bit cooler at the moment so will nip them out for a good potter
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2017, 01:47 PM
Very good Griff and side saddle. That's if I can find a horse willing to take me. Just heard from my friend Helen who has Tyto's brother and they are on holiday in Muckle Flugga.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-07-2017, 02:23 PM
Afternoon all.
I can just about keep my eyes open. Had a terrible night with itchy legs, ended up wrapping the dog cool bed round them. I'd already taken a piriton so am at a loss. The symptoms for hives and prickly heat involve rashes which I don't have. Maybe it was a delayed reaction to the bites I got last evening and me spraying my knee with Ralgex before I went to bed who knows. I'll be raiding the chemist tomorrow for dettol soap and calamine lotion tomorrow.

Moyra hope you are keeping cool. I've been pointed in the direction of CoopersofStortford website that sell cool mat pillows and a big gel sheet, similar to the dog variety in B&M. Worth a look I think.

Nippy, hope you get to grips with your laptop. I can't fathom this new technology now. My friend sold me a refurbed laptop. I think it's been out of the case once.
Brenda I'm trying to keep up with Outlander. Will have to record it. I was annoyed to have somehow missed the RHS Hampton Court programs as I couldn't face a) the traffic & b)walking round with my knee.
SueL how's the garden coming along. I've got some runner beans to plant. My favourite!
Popster, sorry to hear about your Dad. I've had to clear my Mums place and it's sad to get rid of so many memories. My Mum was a hoarder and in the end we just had to dump more than I would've liked. She worked for a children's charity so needless to say their shop has done very well for donations which I'm sure would've pleased her.
Griff I agree sunstroke ain't nice! I used to be able to stay out all day in the sun, not so much now unfortunately.
Lynn, I could've joined you in the 4am club (see above). Ended up watching al kinds of stuff on Sky to take my mind off this damn itching

At present I'm numbering and labelling fruit trees as per OH suggestion. Got to take his mind off him having a blazing row with electricity suppliers about our extortionate bill. They won't send anyone out to check the meter without charging us despite arranging a reading twice before where no one has turned up.
Give me strength!
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2017, 03:07 PM
Afternoon all
Twice hope your legs are easier today, you have my sympathy
Lol Brenda
Griff I could have kept you company at 4am
Hello to everyone else
Had my wound checked, am going to have a nap shortly as my leg driving me potty now, I'm going to take some meds then nap. I will be back later
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-07-2017, 03:30 PM
Mandy and twix hope the legs get better soon.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2017, 04:07 PM
Twix thanks for the nod about the cool pillow and sheet, I may have a look at that. Just taken Amber out still about too hot for her really. 4 fans going thoughout the flat. Still not cool enough! I hope everyone has a peaceful and cool evening. God bless.

Mandy hope you are more comfortable tonight.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2017, 04:36 PM
Have just phoned for a Chinese takeaway. Sweet and Sour Chicken balls, Shredded beef, pancake roll, chicken curry and house special fried rice. That should take some eating!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-07-2017, 05:06 PM
Sounds like you may get away with cooking for a couple of days Moyra. Waiting for Gorden we are popping out for tea.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2