View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-12-2016, 05:30 PM
June - Glad you could get the girls down to the river without interception by loons, enjoy it while you may for as we all know (to our detriment) Xmas is "Eejit A Go-Go" time for the occasional dog walkers! The fools and their untutored mutts are everywhere (or at least seem to be).
Brenda - I heartily concur with your sentiment about "a lot of people shouldn't have dogs". Neither should many of them drive motor vehicles nor be allowed to breed, for the replication of themselves can only be a retrograde step in the evolution of humanity. I promise I won't do too much moaning over Christmas - bad form don't you know - season of goodwill and all that rubbish!
Moyra - Although we are divided by a couple of hundred miles of English countryside we have had exactly the weather you describe up here as well, sounds like the whole of the country is in the grip of miserable fog and cold. All that is except our Nippy who is sauntering about in a tee-shirt gleefully proclaiming the benefits of the near tropical area in which she resides. Grrrrr!!!!!
Bye fer now - hopefully will be back later.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-12-2016, 06:07 PM
Thats why we have retreated to our river hideaway, LG.They may get wet and/or muddy so not a chance we will have our activities interrupted by them. I have even seen people with shiny new wellies walking ROUND a puddle in case the wellies get dirty May spoil their 'look'
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-12-2016, 06:25 PM
Evening everyone.

Sorry to hear of your girls broken toe LG. Dillon has two on his back paw they do give him gyp sometimes as they now have arthritis in them but he mostly deals with them ok. Glad to hear the pigeon stalker/killer has now been dealt with.
brenda sorry to hear of numpties when you were walking.
June sounds like your walk for a change was less eventful.
Nippy Jen warm weather lovely.

I was over to Essex today to see gill and our Niece and do the graves and then we had lunch. Dreadful journey all the way there with the fog.
Even worse on the way back this evening.
Took the rental car instead of mine today. Gill looking well and very jolly but is suffering with sickness and that is only the first dose of chemo she has her second Monday.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-12-2016, 06:51 PM
Poor Gill, will she be feeling poorly over Christmas, that is the worst thing, having to put a happy face on when you feel like death warmed up.
Very cold here, but dry. Extra bedding in for the girls, they have had sardines for tea with a banana each for afters. Cariad had tuna as I think she has a bit of a dicky tummy. The other day she parted with a strange thing that looked like an alien. Very mucusy and I thought there was something in it. Yuk, and I had to pick it up, got rid of it as soon as I could I can tell you. Phoned a friend and also looked it up, according to both friend and google, it is if they have something they need to get rid of or internal parasites, now that is a coincidence as I wormed them about 10 days ago, with the Drontal, which gets rid of everything, so maybe she did have a Thing in her, I don't know. Anyhow thought I'd just give her bland meals for a couple of days. Never seen anything like that before, ever. My friend said her dogs parted with similar Things when she changed them onto raw and she was told it was because their system was cleansing itself of the rubbish stuff.
Nothing on telly at all, not even Casualty tonight, seen The Hobbit about a trillion times by now, not a fan of Strictly. So tonight it will be G.O.T Night.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2016, 07:07 PM
evening all, sorry to hear of doggies broken toes, eejits on walks but pleased pigeon killers are dealt with and that at least some of us have warm weather Lol
Lynn, so sorry Gill is suffering, they gave me ondasteron (sp) tablets to help with the sickness...didn't really help and give you the most awful constipation which then makes you feel ill.... i hope she can at least feel a bit better by christmas day
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-12-2016, 07:24 PM
Gill has anti sickness tablets but they do not give her many so she is saving them up so she hopefully feels better over christmas
She has said the same griff they don't help much.

Wonder what that was June.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-12-2016, 08:08 PM
Dunno Lynn, I have dealt with much yuckiness over the years, but I drew the line at investigating The Alien. My friend said straight away did it look like an Alien and I said Yes (relieved that someone elses dog had had an Alien in their poo) and although it didn't specifically mention Aliens as such on google, it isn't uncommon apparently. Just wish she had done it in the yard and then I could have picked it up on the shovel and disposed of it. Hope it never happens to you Lynn
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2016, 10:37 PM
Pooping aliens!!!! Oh my days lol!!! To be honest I would have took a photo lol...i am dreadful, before I had a camera phone I took photos of diezs poop and went to Asda, printed it off and took it to the vet lol I dread losing my phone as it has photos of her last motions which were horrific...but handy to show my vet lol
Lynn, I am sure my tablets are past their best as they were from when I was on the drips but if u check with gill what she I on, if the same I will happily send them, I was only allowed them for the first 3days
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2016, 10:39 PM
Forgot to say, been to see my mate jools and my other mate Lou, we don't get together too often but it is chaos when we do lol
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-12-2016, 10:57 PM
June - I've seen this mucus thing a couple of times, admittedly not for a few years now. It always occured when we'd bought in an adult dog and popped out a day or two after purchase. Only the first time did I actually investigate the jelly like creature and it turned out to be two lamb vertebrae which looked very old and as if they had been cooked and left for some time before the dog had eaten them. The vet I had at the time told me that it was the dog's way of protecting itself and suggested that the dog had picked this up and bolted it down when no-one was looking. It had exited when a change to decent food forced the offending object from it's system. It was the habit in thoses days (not by me - I hasten to add) to feed greyhounds and competitive coursing dogs on a sort of vitamin supplemented gruel or sloppy biscuit/bread/gravy mix. So no wonder the poor creature in question had taken a chance on scoffing a long dead bone.
The other couple of times this happened was under very similar circumstances but having had a satisfactory explanation and investigation of the first one, I never again indulged myself in exploratory autopsy style dallying.
Hope this brief tale helps allay any fears you might have had. My old vet told me that a consultation was only necessary if it kept occuring.
Lynn - I really hope that your sister is feeling a bit better by the time Xmas actually arrives. It's not much to look forward to if you're feeling particularly lousy.
Evening Griff - you've not been much in evidence today - I hope you've been a good girl - otherwise Santa will put you in the naughty book and you'll be getting no pressies! lol !
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >