View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2016, 11:28 AM
Thanks Sue, they will probably offer it to him Christmas eve or something!

TW the sun has gone I reckon it is on it's way up to you.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-11-2016, 11:46 AM
Thank you Nippy, it is brightening up now. Still splodges of rain, but as its not torrential I can cope with thgthgat, and forecast has it drier for a few hours now. Cariad and Lona can have a walk round to stretch their legs and all being doable the others can go up to the country park, and will come home in much the same state as LG's dogs probably. Will put deep beds down and they'll dry off . They really need a good do with the rake, but that only works when they are not muddy
Echo your thoughts on a proper fire LG, so true
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2016, 02:21 PM
Yes LG maybe poetic but very reminiscent of my past life, don't need to make me even more envious. lol.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-11-2016, 02:42 PM
Stopped raining and everyone been out. Took Mabs, Kesh and Zen onto the country park, only saw 2 people out with dogs. After several days of torrential rain and it also being a weekend would have expected to see more. Zen has been amazingly good all told. Was interested in the ducks but carried on when told to Leave, then she saw a dog in the distance and flew off to it, Mabs followed to ensure Good Behaviour and she was really well behaved around it, wanted to play, other dog didn't and told her off and she immediately ran back to her mum, by then Kesh and I were there and she came when called. They all had a game of Chase Zen and we carried on a bit further, couple waking along with a westie, which stopped dead, frozen in its tracks when Zen bounded up, she was again really good, no bouncing up and down, just sniffing and tail wagging, I called her back and she came straight away. I was expecting her to be full of herself and out of order, but so pleased she is coming on so well, 18 months old in a few days.
Just got the strangers touching her to get over now.
Managed to give everyone a do with the rake and get out a few matts that had formed, they rolled in mud a bit further on of course. All got a bone, and had a raw carrot as well and having a nap by now I should imagine.
Sat with a bacon and tomato butty and mug of tea in front of a log fire. Can't beat it on a cold day. Looks like the rain has headed off elsewhere, thank goodness and the forecast for next week is virtually a dry one so everything will get a chance to dry out. Been checking the river levels and its fine up to now.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2016, 02:55 PM
Afternoon all. Training was good, assessment morning. Results later. The little rescue showed some interest today in recalls by barking when his companion did hers. Lovely to see, wagging and happy. But then he suddenly must remember something and goes back in his shell. We will get there in the end no matter how long it takes. Very grey here and weird. I am sure that is why my noise is odd. Crackling fires love them but because we haven't got the wherewithal to have one I have a DVD that plays on the TV with logs crackling. Really good. Well that's it. Didn't light a candle in the car, was only joking. Bfn.Tyto is moulting so know what you mean June. He is 11 years old on Monday.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-11-2016, 03:04 PM
Really Brenda Cariad and Lona are 11 on Wednesday, and Lona's first babies were born on her birthday one year Lots of birthday cake next week I think
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2016, 04:17 PM
Oo yes. Yum. So dark here. Off to put lights on and pull curtains.Michael McIntyre and casualty tonight.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-11-2016, 04:32 PM
Well Komi (one of Mabs brothers) is a real hero. He woke the house up in the middle of the night because her mum couldn't move or breathe and alerted them to it. She is now recovering in hospital, thanks to him. Could have turned out very differently
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2016, 04:55 PM
I think dogs are amazing.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-11-2016, 05:00 PM
Evening everyone.
Been a very cold frosty day here think we are in for rain to ight and tomorrow and gale force winds. Mark will be travelling back from Essex so I will be on tenterhooks till he arrives in.
We took Dillon to shouldham Warren again today he had a lovely amble, stretch of his legs a play with a lovely spaniel and went all coy over a golden retriever puppy that he said hello to then decided he would keep side stepping out of its way when got got to inquisitive. He really doesn't do puppies now. Very polite about it but not interested.
We then got tidied up indoors and changed went to get Dillon some food and carried on to the big Wyevale garden centre in Huntingdon and had a couple of coffees and a wander and bought something for our tea and some colouring books. I am off next door at 6.30 to sit with George and Phoebe as Paul and Beth are off put to a masked ball. The colouring books are hopefully going to mean a peaceful time with Phoebe instead of lots of mad games.

Hope the appointment for the op for Biran happens soon Nippy Jen.
Well done to Mabs brother June.
Hope the noise has subsided brenda.
Yes love the log burner not an open fire but nearly as good.
Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends.
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »