register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-05-2016, 01:40 PM
Back from the river with the girls, quick tidy up outside and bones handed out, umbrella moved to another site as the sun had moved round, and then out to finish off the decking.
Sun really warm here, there is a cool breeze as LG was saying, but not too bad here at all and it was nice on the river in the sun with just that breeze to make it pleasant. Was very warm sat painting the rest of the decking. Was having a look and the seeds I put in last week are now beginning to sprout and lots of little green heads peeking above the soil
Now in and had a bacon butty and mug of tea, read the Sunday papers online and feeling OK. I now need to move myself and clean the bathroom
Back is hurting a bit so after I've done the bathroom and had a shower I'll be taking some painkillers and having a siesta I think.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-05-2016, 01:42 PM
Thanks Harvey - I shall try to avoid ravine related disasters - but nevertheless it's very kind of you to offer the services of your fine pair.
I am currently employed in that most innocent of pleasures - listening to Test Match Special on the radio, where we are currently knocking seven bells out of the Sri Lankans. Although I must admit to the naughtiness of a very large pice of iced carrot cake with my pot of tea. Quite delicious it is too.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2016, 02:17 PM
Ooh LG you wicked lad you. Glad you are enduring the absence of the memsaab. The sun is out down here but there is still a cool breeze. Steve is working and because he is probably working again tomorrow and has a dodgie tummy not sure what to cook. Was going to do a pork joint but not sure I should. I have a lovely fresh mackerel in the fridge, but not sure that is what he will want.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2016, 02:19 PM
Barbara, nice to see you on this thread and to say it is not often enough these days, take care. God bless.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-05-2016, 02:52 PM
Moyra - a mackerel in the fridge eh! Didn't even know you had a cat! lol !
I am not a big fish lover (the battered variety being my limit). The mere mention of mackerel or herring is enough to make me feel queasy, which is odd as in general I have a very strong stomach and there is little else in this world puts me off!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2016, 03:17 PM
G, I love a fresh mackerel. As long as it is cooked fresh and grilled with a bit of lemon. He's home and not wanting anything at the moment. Think it may be ignore time again!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-05-2016, 03:25 PM
Pity you don't have an ignore button at home
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2016, 03:30 PM
Yes, he has come home short tempered again and whatever I ask is an intrusion. If he doesn't want the mackerel then I shall have while it is fresh!
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-05-2016, 03:42 PM
Moyra - perhaps the best thing for his repast would be a good portion of "cold shoulder"!
Could anyone tell me, what on earth does the bit at the top of the page that says "Your Notifications" mean. Whatever it is I have 24! I have looked all over the site and can find no mention of what it/they are.
Could it be the number of times I have upset "Big Brother" or the "Powers That Be" or perhaps something complimentary (although I very much doubt this! lol !)?
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2016, 03:46 PM
Yes dear heart it is the times that people have given you respect points. In other words have appreciated your postings. You may enjoy looking through them!.
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »