View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2016, 12:11 PM
Moyra, mum and dad go at least twice a year, dad loves st mawes and he found a house last time...came back telling me we were moving, showed me the house online...it wasn't suitable for the dogs and i don't want to move...will have to go through it all again when he comes back
I have started an online italian course...i am apparently 5% fluent in italian lol....God help anyone who relies on me to make us understood Lol. It was free, passes a bit of time
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-05-2016, 12:33 PM
Glad I waited to see what the weather would do, in no time at all it was pouring down, and has been ever since. Girls have had a bone each for lunch, Zen is outside eating hers, keeping an eye on her. I'm having a bacon butty and cup of tea and if she's still out then I'm going to be sending her in to where its warm and dry. The others have got sense at least!!
I wondered if it had changed, Griff, as it makes no sense at all that Moyra is living in a damp cold flat with her health problems and can't get anywhere better
I love the South West as well, would have stayed there if I could when ex came out of the Navy, but it was not to be. Probably as well really, as I would have ended up without my own home and nowhere to go when we split up.
Need to get myself into gear and do something, all I've done this morning is read a book
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2016, 01:15 PM
Yeah TW, the whole thing is mental, as you know my mum worked for the council and taking homefinder calls was part of her job...somedays she just wanted to scream, there were people in genuine need who could get nowhere and then others who didn't deserve anywhere were given stuff....she used to get so very very frustrated with the whole thing, especially those who were rude and demanding
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2016, 01:44 PM
dogs have just had their sunday dinner and are now very happy and lively lol
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-05-2016, 01:52 PM
Found Kesh outside, then Lona and Zen came out, got everyone back in bed, including Kesh. Still raining here, dead miserable. Will go and get their beds done in a while. Will have to go for shavings and realised tomorrow is a Bank Holiday so they won't be open. Can manage just about with a bit of luck
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2016, 02:11 PM
Poor you June having wet weather. Hope the shavings hold out and the girls find a brain cell between them and stay in the dry

How nice for Amber to have a friend to play with I don't think size matters as they seem to know what they can do with each other.

Barry would love to move to Cornwall but its me. To far to see anyone so would be stuck there. Nice for a holiday but not for me to live.

Try and rest this afternoon Harvey - I know easier said than done!

Right doors rubbed down. washed and also all the walls and other paint work. First under coat on. It says you can repaint after 2 hours but I am shattered so that will be tomorrows job. Another undercoat and then the gloss.

Lovely here and it was like a sauna whilst rubbing down but was ok to do the painting. Teazle keeps giving me that look saying when will my bedroom be finished
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-05-2016, 03:01 PM
Teazle needs to get stuck in and help, instead of lying there like Lady Muck
Still not done much, paid more bills,tried to cancel Virgin but no ones there decided to get rid of telly and let them talk me into keeping phone and broadband if I get a decent offer from them. I'm sick of looking at comparison sites
Griff, has your mum got any further on the job situation for when she leaves HR, they've played a really dirty trick on her making her think they would employ her in other roles.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2016, 03:06 PM
Hahahaha Teazle patience!!!! do you think she will approve when it is finished???
TW, i hope the shavings hold out!!
i am now apparently 10% fluent in italian....i can say such things as the cow drinks water...and the horse eats bread??? wtf!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2016, 03:08 PM
TW, the woman she works for is looking into it...she thinks mum is fab and wants her to stay and is doing all she can...however, if they are going to try and do her out of £300 a month..no way can she stay, as much as she likes everyone and is happy it isn't financially right, they are trying to con her out of her protected 10% but they have shot themselves in the foot......she has all the terms in writing so when they come back and say no 10 percent she has them Lol
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2016, 03:28 PM
Griff I am just doing the usual mozzarella balls and tomatoes with balsamic for starters followed by spaghetti bolognese and garlic bread and then tiramisu. Oh and the usual cheee and biscuits if wanted. Not a lot of cooking involved. Very easy. Oh and of course Italian wine. June the dog is not an easy breed but she doesn't have a bad bone in her just frustrated I think. We will see what happens next week. Hope your training was good today. Hope everyone else had a good day in the sun. At least it is here still.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >