View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jessicanutt
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-04-2015, 12:55 PM
She gets taken for two walks daily once in the morning and once at night for about 30-45 minutes walk.

She does have a crate which we have tried putting in our bedroom but she just barks and scratches at the floor.

We have tried some calming tablets from pets at home called Beaphar Calming Tablets For Dogs And Cats hoping they will help.
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-04-2015, 01:04 PM
I'm not a big fan of most of the Beaphar products, not heard or tried the calming tablets though. I hope they help.
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-04-2015, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Exercise is not enough. Doing brain work will help alongside exercise. So do lots of things like searching for items. Retrieving and recalling during the day. Maybe a crate, although I like to call them dens, in your bedroom for her to sleep in may help. If she gets stressed you can at least talk to her from your bed without having to get up. Hope she settles soon.
I do brain games with both my dogs but I don't recommend them in the evening with a dog that get stressed about going to bed at night because any additional stimulation can increase their stress. You should try keeping the hours before bedtime as calm as possible. With Georgina, I used to sit next to her on the sofa and give her a massage, which helped relax her. There's a very good book by Linda Tellington-Jones called "Getting in TTouch with your Dog". Although it may sound silly, I found if I talked to her in a whisper ... I even sang lullabies ... also helped.

Does your dog enjoy being groomed? Many dogs find it calming. My little Schnauzer must be the best groomed dog in the world because although its not necessary, half an hour before his bedtime he gets combed and brushed as I know when I've finished he'll climb onto my bed and sleep for the rest of the night.
kelsie1002
New Member!
Female 

25-04-2015, 04:23 AM
Does your dog like a kong treat? I have found stuffing a kong with their favorite treat and freezing it until solid will keep the dogs very occupied. My dogs end up licking themselves to sleep.
kat14778
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-04-2015, 06:22 PM
Very interested in reading this about a year ago for no reason my dog started to get stressed at bed time crying and panting I've tryed many things and the only way she settles is if I sleep with her so I now sleep on a camp bed downstairs will def be following in case there's something I haven't tryed
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2