View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2014, 11:37 AM
Like you with your eldest it hurts but in view of the way they treat you you're better off without them. Steve comes close to the wind sometimes but he never cons me out of money like some. Saying that he owes me his keep this week but usually pays it on a Monday. He also owes me quite a bit for 6 tins of sweet corn and 8 tins of tuna, all for the fishing! What a waste! Still it's his hobby and it keeps him out of my way so I can top and bottom his bedroom and the rest of the house only for him to reduce it back to chaos when he comes home lol. But at least I see it clean and tidy for a while. I have already done his bed and put the dirty sheets into wash. Now to hoover up all the feathers from his pillows on the floor! Amber hates the big Dyson, isn't so bothered about the hand held. Trouble is you need to use the most powerful one once a week while keeping the place clean during the week with the hand held is not too bad.

Taken some Chicken out of the freezer to roast later on. I shall save him a roast dinner and hopefully he will eat it if I let him know it is here later he wont go buying some Turkish rubbish. Well must get on.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-10-2014, 11:51 AM
Put me down for the roast chicken Moyra THE CAR STARTED
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-10-2014, 11:55 AM
Afternoon everyone. Dull but windy so washing out on the line and fingers crossed the rain holds off.
We took Dillon for a walk over Gault woods in March this morning. Lovely place to walk and very quiet. We met one couple with a 10 year old pointer as we got out of the cars they said hello and then we didn't see them again they were a bit further on in front of us.

Enjoy lunches dog walks, and training.
Sorry some puppies have been upset by fireworks. Max never worried about them poor Ollie was terrified of fireworks and thunder so you have my sympathies. Dillon doesn't worry thankfully.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-10-2014, 11:59 AM
what have we been up to today?

Well moved our bed into a spare bedroom and ripped up the carpet in the one we are going to do up. Took up the underfelt which was going rotten, and never seen underfelt stapled down before. So off to the council tip with old carpet and underfelt and then to Carpet Right for new carpet. Delivery on 4 November, then off to bensons of beds next door and ordered a new queen size bed and head board and another headboard for an existing bed we have. At least with the new bed Sue's snoring should be that further away.
Also ordered some sound proofing for the shower pump it comes as a kit and one just cuts and glues to a bit of plywood. That should make it a lot quieter.
Also been up to gutter height about 18ft up to clear a gutter full of mud and grass and the downpipe which was blocked with a clog of earth about a foot long. Don't think it had ever been cleared before with the amount in it, more like a flower trough than a gutter

Now time for a coffee.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2014, 12:04 PM
Gosh Tumbleweed, you have been so busy it makes me feel better about slogging away here. Hope you manage to get some rest today though. I am looking forward to some but as it is dry out there think I should take Amber out with the mobility scooter aka Blue!

Have an enjoyable day all.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2014, 12:46 PM
Wee quick pop in,I've four pans on the go and an oven full of cooking I know,I'm actually cooking Sunday dinner!! OH has to head off early so it's easier to cook at home today.Besides,have one in bed with a huge hangover head and the other is out to dinner with her friend.So 2 will be having their dinner at tea-time.
The doughnut is about there,have left the back gate open with a plant propped up against it,the wind is fierce here today and if it bangs at all he'll be off.Been over the fields already and his tummy is full
Will pop in later
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2014, 12:57 PM
The work done on the patio door lock was unsuccessful, Steve made an adjustment this morning and then I couldn't open it so I could not get to Blue to take Amber out, so it was a case of walking her on the green again. When I came back I took a pair of stilsons to the lock and managed to get it undone so at least I could hang Steve's sheets out on the line. I have now managed to lock it again. The problem is when it is time to walk Amber again with the change of the clocks it is going to be too dark to take her out with blue. OBH!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2014, 12:59 PM
Oh Eilleen, glad Duncan is still around. I just wish he would come into the garden and settle down. I am sure if he had his own kennel he wouldn't feel so trapped just loved.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-10-2014, 01:06 PM
Everyone had a walk round and a banana each, skippe out and now going to have a wash and make a butty and cup of tea for myself, got over an hour till I need to make a move to take Keshi training. There was a dad and some boys playing footie in the ball park, and Keshi was really good and came back everytime when I called her, she made a bee line for them and I was congratulating myself on finally instilling recall inspite of a football match, congratulated myself too soon, we were just going past them for the second time, and she ran off and reappeared right next to the ball park, worst still the gate was open and the boys were coming out, complete with several footballs. Asked Dad to grab her line, thank goodness i'd left one on her, not THAT sure of her Good Behaviour throughout, and walked round to collect her, kids were pretty good and she was good back and didn't try and squash any of them. So we are about 90% safe, just the other 10% to go now. Eileen,if anyone doesn't want their dinner, send it over here please. Glad to hear Duncan is getting into a routine, have you left a dish of food near the gate so he gets into the routine of helping himself sometimes, and a bed nearby, then moving everything through the gate about a cm at a time. Have a nice ride out with Amber, Moyra, its a cooler wind than we've got used to, but quite fresh and nice once you get going, as long as you're wrapped up. Sounds like a nice walk there Lynn, unusual to find places not clogged with people at the weekend as well. Tumbleweed, you've had a busy day, but you have to make up for all the time off you've had, lazing in the sun, going on foreign puffer trains lol. Moyra, can you get them back to sort the door out, just read you can't get Blue out
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2014, 01:59 PM
Yes, the door lock is not right, I did get it undone but wasn't sure I could lock it again so have just walked Amber on the green and must call out the maintenance man that tried to cure the problem.

I have let the housing association know and my landlady that the work done has not resolved the problem. It is going to be an expensive job I am afraid.
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »