Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2005, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by Fred
i have to pay for my dentist so i don`t like the dentist at all, the good thing about it is when i have a tooth problem and go to the dentist the time i get there the tooth ache has gone

You just have wallet ache then after visiting the Dentist Fred
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-09-2005, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
You just have wallet ache then after visiting the Dentist Fred
don`t get as far as that foxy
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2005, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54
I have the most wonderful dentist now after years of suffering with butchers either private or n.h. He is sooooo gentle, and if he is going to extract a tooth he is so gentle with that horrible bg needle and gives lots of little jabs of the anesth. first before going in for the biggy! I hate those painful deep injections for tooth extractions normally, but he makes it all painless for me.

He also has a wonderful sense of humour and all the time he is working on my mouth he is joking with the nurse and she is just as funny as him, so I'm trying hard not to laugh with my mouth wide open and full of various instruments! I actually quite enjoy my visits to the dentist now, whereas I used to dread it! He's very cheap too, I only pay about £12 for my clean and check up as he's NHS. I'm very lucky - he's quite a hunk too and has a big motorbike! Lol!
Trust you to fancy your dentist Helen and I bet you can still talk with all those instruments in your mouth - you wouldn't let a little thing like that stop you
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2005, 09:10 AM
Im off work today with a massive abcess under a wisdom tooth.ive been in pain now for 2 weeks and it got really bad last night so i didnt get any sleep.I want the ****** out but he will only do it once the infections gone!!
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2005, 09:57 AM
I don't do dentists. I just don't . I would rather all my teeth fall out and I die of gum diseasiness.

I HATE HATE HATE Dentists. I get this from my father who said the only good dentist is a dead one.

Sorry... just makes me feel queasy thinking about it....

xx
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2005, 10:52 AM
i went to the dentist last year for the first time in about 8 years,my teeth were in a bad way and i dreaded it needed have worried,she was lovely and very gentle,i paid £372 for a course of treatment and have been back again for another crown i am having 2 wisdom tooth and a molar removed oct 1st and it,s only £56 she is nhs and my dad who is petrified has been for treatment(hadn't been to the dentist for 20 years)and has been back 3 times in 3 months
JR Lady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-10-2005, 01:17 AM
NHS dentists are rarer than hen's teeth here...My dentist of many years decided to go private but would only treat if you took out Denplan Insurance...It has taken 6 months to find a practice taking on new NHS patients...I have just been seen for a registration check up by a very nice young Polish lady dentist...She is employed by the Primary Care Trust to provide NHS dentistry as Dental Practices in this area get no response to their advertisements and cannot find dentists to fill their vacancies...
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2005, 08:03 AM
I have found exactly the same, unfortunately. NHS dentists don't worry about hurting you, drawing blood and even catching your tongue when they drill. You wait ages in the waiting room, and then you're in and out in 5 minutes. They don't give you any advice, they just want you out of the chair pronto. The private ones are just great - short waiting time, polite, caring, no pain, plenty of advice. I used to be private, but have recently changed dentist and am now NHS but it's cr*p, so it's only a matter of time before I seek out a private dentist again
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-10-2005, 09:31 AM
Originally Posted by Zoundz
I don't do dentists. I just don't . I would rather all my teeth fall out
I could happen you know

Re costs - try $3,000 for a crown
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2005, 09:36 AM