View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2014, 08:05 AM
As for shoes...I have two pairs of rubber ones, one clogs ie backless, one green clogs with uppers and a pair of wellies. That is it for footwear. ( ah there is the pair of men's shoes I got for E7 at Lidl way back, saved for best sometime.

The lane is muddy and then I trade outdoors and used to ruin shoes and have to sit with wet feet all day so this is the only way to stay dry. The akternative lifestyle...

Oh Good morning all!

Wild wild night and wild wild morning. Just been out for fuel.

The ewe is away. I do not think she will live as she hurt her spine when she fell and landlord is just giving her a chance to improve. Unless he would put her on wheels..So she will be on straw in a shed not at his home place. One of last year's lambs and such a pretty face.
As long as this was not the thin end of the wedge re my caring for critters up here as I cannot take that on..He is a kind man and maybe needs time to come to terms with losing her and his vet said there was a chance so maybe.... I may never hear any more now...

The dogs are fine and all is back to normal. Asked the vet to trim her claws and he has not; he was upset that she was so terrified.

Knitting a pure wool Aran beret just now. My own design so I can play with cables etc.

Have a fine day... please send some sun if you can spare it. I have moved the containers with wee daffs to the door so they greet me when I come in and out
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2014, 08:06 AM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
Oh no! Shoes and handbags. Truly can't join in on this thread yet! Will have another dip in later as after early walkies I am of to do battle withe first the local council and the United Utilities (Hostilities would be better) dont ask as its all so boring even a daft old sod like me can't get even a drop of humour or joy out of any of it. The older I get the less tolerant I become of "jobsworths" and petty local beaurocrats. I truly do get on better withe critters than I do with people. Bye fer now!
Give my love to Oldham.. I hail from that general area many decades ago...
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2014, 08:44 AM
Morning all.
Gordon to the shoes and handbags add hair dos, cos that is what I'm up to today
Hubby has another really bad bout of gout (no jokes please!) so we are waiting for the doc to ring back about that too.
Speak to you all later.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2014, 08:59 AM
Just succeeded in renewing my car insurance online,, what a palaver but it is done now and saved over E100 by trawling the web.. relief...

Is that the sun trying to shake off the clouds?
Pippin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-02-2014, 10:03 AM
Good morning everyone, its sunny and dry here in Scotland, birds singing green shoots popping up everywhere, and its not even cold yipi
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-02-2014, 11:18 AM
G'night Myra - I hope you are now well in the Land of Nod, afternoon all and nice to see you here Pippin

I actually managed a lie-in and although I wanted to take it easy today I think I am going to have to empty my refrigerator to find out what the odd smell is. It is not a bad smell like something rotting or anything, and apart from fruit and vegetables everything is in containers/boxes/jars/bottles, but I really want to find out what it is. As it is an air-flow system it could be drawing some strange odour in but then I would smell it in the kitchen and there is no smell in there at all. It is, indeed, a puzzlement.

What is also a puzzlement is finding six dead flies, all in a neat row, on my dressing table this morning...

As for shoes and handbags - I have one bag that I use, plus one spare one. Both plain canvas, one all black the other one sort of beige and black, neither being very big [and definitely not "smart"] but with enough zipped pockets that I can keep what I need in them and not end up all in a jumble!

Shoes - well I only wear Crocs in the summer and cheapo imitation Uggs in the winter [although I do have a pair of real Uggs but they are only ankle length and I like the mid calf ones]. I do have some nice plain flat loafers which fitted over the "feet" of my calipers, but as I have not worn the calipers for some years now the shoes are still in their boxes at the bottom of my wardrobe - hardly worn and taking up space. No doubt they will go with the unworn-any-more clothes when I sort everything out.

Da Booga seems to be back to normal today, thankfully, but I am still on edge after yesterday so will have to wait to see what today brings.

As usual I cannot remember anything I have read but that is only to be expected at my ancient age with CRS Syndrome!

Have a good day everyone and I hope all the poorlies are less poorly today.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2014, 11:58 AM
Hey there and a big Hi to PIPPIN,welcome,hope you're well
Shoes and bags please don't get me started Both are a problem
HELENA,love River Island,their boots are gorgeous too
Just had a late blustery walk with Lacey,very stormy last night and still very windy now but dry
Oldest got no word yet..agency said the company that interviewed her haven't made a decision yet
All my ironing done,just need to match about 500 pairs of socks( am not kidding! )
Really enjoyed spinning last night and I don't hurt..bonus!
Hope everyone and their owners are well
LYNN,was thinking about Gill and wondering how she was,still light my candle(( hugs))
Alrighty then,see ya all later xx
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2014, 12:08 PM
News just in!!

Sarah got the job
Starts tomorrow will be moving down to Belfast during the week,coming home at weekends,still keeping her weekend job in M&S,sensible girl
So happy,Thankyou for keeping your fingers crossed xx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-02-2014, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
News just in!!

Sarah got the job
Starts tomorrow will be moving down to Belfast during the week,coming home at weekends,still keeping her weekend job in M&S,sensible girl
So happy,Thankyou for keeping your fingers crossed xx
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2014, 12:20 PM
Love that Malka Thankyou xxx
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »