View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 03:35 PM
Thank Rosebud, unfortunately I they can do it as we are only on a rolling contract....something that I will never do again! Now I have to face them tomorrow at the school drop off. Grrr.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 03:40 PM
oh thats rubbish I'm sorry o hear that. how frustrating
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-02-2014, 04:27 PM
Sorry to hear this Catrin
When we were house hunting last year houses with tenants had to be advertised as such and that the tenant had been told and the house would be vacant on possession. Some are advertised as investors only and a tenant is in already and they are sold with a tenant living there may this be a possibility for you ?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-02-2014, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Sorry to hear this Catrin
When we were house hunting last year houses with tenants had to be advertised as such and that the tenant had been told and the house would be vacant on possession. Some are advertised as investors only and a tenant is in already and they are sold with a tenant living there may this be a possibility for you ?
Totaly agree with Lynn on this, There are people out there who are specifically looking to buy houses with sitting tennants provided they are tennants who want to stay and who are long term. You could assk your landlord, I don't think it will effect the price of the house in anyway.

The thing that most landlords are worried about is buying a house with a sitting tennant and then the tennant leaves and there's a long gap before another (suitable) one is found. You sound like you want to stay put so that is a plus for a 'buy to let let' purchaser.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 07:16 PM
It's a possibility definitely. I think they were banking on us saying that we would buy it rather than move out....but that's not going to happen. They said they haven't put in on the market yet,but I think they will go for a quick sale, but any viewer will see that all the windows need replacing, you can't miss it really!

I've seen lots of properties to rent in the are and some are in our budget, well we have to sit down once Paul has his first pay cheque and see if we can afford more. Some of them have fantastic gardens, at the moment we have a patio and decking that is unusable for most of the year because it gets like an ice rink as, when our landlord lived here and put it in, he never bothered treating it with non slip surface...it's also started rotting in places.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 08:41 PM
Ohhhh... wow that is cold blooded. They waited until you spent money on the house, and then decided to go against their word and sell it. Gosh I'd be so irate. I'm not even sure how horrible I'd be to them and the things that I would say.

I hope you and your family manage to work things out for the best Thinking of you Catrin. I know you have kids and doggies and a doggy walking business and it's a big frigging deal to have to go moving about!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
Ohhhh... wow that is cold blooded. They waited until you spent money on the house, and then decided to go against their word and sell it. Gosh I'd be so irate. I'm not even sure how horrible I'd be to them and the things that I would say.

I hope you and your family manage to work things out for the best Thinking of you Catrin. I know you have kids and doggies and a doggy walking business and it's a big frigging deal to have to go moving about!
Thanks Myra. Their son is in Merryn's class at school so tomorrow morning is going to be interesting! She actually the sister of a friend and an acquaintance of mine it's difficult. I really don't want to see her tomorrow. First day back after half term and I might be late on purpose to avoid them.
buglysprince
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-02-2014, 10:12 PM
I believe everything happens for a reason maybe, for you your perfect house is waiting without dodgy windows, things always tend to workout wishing you well. Stay positive
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by buglysprince View Post
I believe everything happens for a reason maybe, for you your perfect house is waiting without dodgy windows, things always tend to workout wishing you well. Stay positive
Thank you, I hope so...I'm just worried about finding somewhere that takes children and dogs. So many seem to say no pets and some also say no children!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 10:24 PM
Sorry to hear this. Its a bummer alright, I would not go out of your way to avoid them you have done nothing wrong in fact I would not be surprised if they avoided you.
Hope the council can help you as in effect you are being made homeless through no fault of your own.
At least you would have stability.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >